Monday, January 11, 2016

thank you for asking

Oh yes, I am still here...just trying to catch up and as you know, life gets in the way. I am slow with my stitching these past days. Planning to see the doctor for my hand soon. The rains have finally stopped but the chill is still in the air.
Our marigolds have been broken recently and this is the culprit. He is adorable but in his attempt to eat the flowers he is causing them to break...and I watch it from my kitchen window. At first I thought it was a Finch. Checking the birding book we have shows him to be a Verdin...I think. Common here in Arizona. whatever he is, he is a nice addition to the garden (not sure Mr H thinks so!)  Remember the Hyacinth picture from Thursdays post....
doesn't  it look pretty...and the fragrance is lovely. I have 2 more; another purple and a white that I bought last evening. this seems to be just the right place for them in the living room window. I wonder if they can be planted after they bloom? If anyone knows, please share with me. Well. laundry is ready to be folded and I need cup of coffee and my stitching awaits me...felling a bit busy right about now. Off to PT today with Mr H. Glad to have you visit with me and I thank you for the friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.
Un-Birthday news soon....

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

We also have such a kind of bird here. It sucks at the primroses in spring and doing so tears them off the plant. We first wondered when we saw the primroses lying on the ground but then we saw who was doing this, lol.

Ma, Herself said...

Beautiful pics...that bird is so sweet as are your marigolds, Gracie :)
I love Hyacinth, and yes you can still plant them after they bloom as long they were given to you in a pot with soil, since I am guessing yours are early bloomers from forced bulbs...and they should bloom for years to come, in the spring...enjoy them until the flowers fall off, then once you start to see the leaves turning yellowish you can just tip the pot over and replant in your garden so that the bulb is fully buried in the dirt and water well, then you can pretty much let them be...as long as the soil stays normally moist...that's it. Keep in mind that we are both in a 1-2 garden zone and they really like a 4 and higher, but they should still give you a nice bloom :)
Sorry for the long winded comment
Sending hugs for your hand report, but I'm glad to hear you're stitching <3
Hugs

KimM said...

What a lovely post - the hyacinths are beautiful. I hope your hand continues to heal....and the Marigold Marauder finds another garden to eat in ;0)
xxx

butterfly said...


Our birds are eating our snow drops so I try and cut them first .
You can plant The Hyacinths into the garden but they get smaller flowers each year but still smell lovely .
Hope your hand gets better soon .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely flowers even in the depths of winter LOL.

cucki said...

What a sweet post...
the hyacinths are so beautiful...i hope you feel better soon.
sending you hugs
xxx

Vickie said...

How nice the hyacinths are. You can plant them and enjoy them for years to come. That little bird is pretty.
I did my PT already today.

Heather S said...

Love your little birdie,regardless of the damage to the flowers. Hope your hand is allowing you to stitch a little. The Hyacinth is looking gorgeous.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I hope that Mr.H is doing well with PT.
Love the birdy picture however he is a little stinker when trying to dismantle your marigolds.
I do hope your hand gets better soon.

Blessings
Catherine

Annette-California said...

WOW! Your Hyacinths are gorgeous Gracie! Love how you displayed them.
Hope your session of PT goes well and that you continue to heal.
Happy New Year love Annette

Julie said...

I bet your home smells wonderful with the scent of the hyacinths.
Nice little feathered friend who came to visit