Thursday, January 7, 2016

And it is still raining

We are in the 3rd day of rains....most of the time it stops mid day. I do not mind the rain except it can cause havoc on the roadways. It so seldom really rains that people forget how to drive and forget that because we hardly have rain the roads are slippery. Oh well, I do not have to leave the house (that  I know of) so I will sit and stitch and drink hot tea today. I snapped this picture the other day....
this bee just had a grand ole time in the marigold...he will not be around for the next few days. I am sure he is hiding and keeping dry. I managed to complete Singing Pin Bird...

Keep a green tree in your heart....
and perhaps a singing bird will come. I am pleased with the stitching...the finishing was a bit finicky, but it did turn out okay. I wish I had more of this linen and I do not know name or color but it suits this bird. Yesterday I picked up linen to start my January calendar piece from the Snowflower  Diaries SAL. I am missing one DMC thread as I forgot to get it while at Jo Ann's...I think I will substitute for another green. I chose a darker linen and hope to be able to use it for all 12 months. Nothing fancy or expensive.
I bought a Hyacinth and it will have to be content this morning with light from the lamp...I think it will be purple...anyway, I will enjoy waiting for it to open. Twenty days and The Brother Alan will be here....but who is counting! Right now I need a cup of coffee and something to keep my stomach from yelling. I am so glad to have you visit. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....have a wonderful day.
PS: It is almost time for my Un Birthday! So be sure to watch for it.

13 comments:

Fiore said...

I love your works, they're so delicate! Take care of you.
Ciao

KimM said...

Love your bird and the stitching. It's beautiful. Stay dry!! (I never thought I'd say something like that to someone who lives in AZ!) ;0)
xxx

butterfly said...

Sweet bird and saying , we have rain most days roll on Spring.

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on your finish and hope you had a nice tea!

Jacquie Morris said...

I pop by quite a lot... But sadly hardly ever comment... Oh I do for your photos :) your camera skills are so much better than mine!! The reason I don't comment is not your fault but mine, I have trouble reading your chosen font lettering with my SpLD's... I just wanted you to know I case you thought I never commented.
You stitch such pretty things, delicate looking sweet bird you just finished looks adorable.
Happy New Year to you :)
Smiles :)

cucki said...

Aww I love your work
So sweet
Take care dear
Send some rain here please xx

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

What is your UN BIRTHDAY? I just had a real birthday.Love your singing bird. I hope your Hyacinth is purple, I love purple. I am growing some bulbs in water and hope they bloom. we have some snow but the weather is calling for rain on Sunday. hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

But everyday is an Unbirthday and an excuse for cake!

I agree with Jacquie, the font is difficult so I read the post in my Feedly reader and then come over to comment, hoping that you haven't edited it!

Enjoy the rain, would you like some of our's too?

shirley flavell said...

Love your stitched bird, it's beautiful. Rain here in N.Z. as well.The farmers will be pleased. Usually a drought starts after this month 'til April. Been unusual weather patterns here. Take care and have a good week end.

Carla Eldridge said...

Such a lovely project and beautiful stitching <3

Julie said...

Rained all day here too. Sweet birdie.

Ele said...

Cloudy here, but no rain today. Lovely little finish!

diamondc said...

Gracie: Your bird turned out so cute, love the fabric choice.
Your flower picture with the bee is so sweet.
I have a birthday coming up, now what is an unbirthday?

Blessings
Catherine