Sunday, December 20, 2015

Oh Brother....are you there?

Here I am finally getting to bake, well make Pizzelle...my cup of coffee at the ready George Winston's December playing in the background.... and the phone rings.... I am always...always so happy to chat with my brother Alan. Although he is 11 years younger than me, sometimes he has been the big brother. After some chatting, he said he could not figure my blog out!? He does not know how to comment...not sure of himself. What!? This a  very smart man...a college grad and holds a job with position. He did get himself to follow but did not know how to navigate after that... we soon got that straightened out. In a short time he will be coming to visit us...his annual visit and we are so looking forward to his arrival. we have some plans but we usually just go with the flow of the day. This year Mr H will have some limits, but I am sure we can work around that. So today, I was the one to help him out. Back to my Pizzelles....
 I have a couple of dozen to have here and to share. Of course I did have to sample to make sure they were okay....Later I will attempt to make some cookies...only meaning if I get around to it. I hope to make Lucy's Pinwheels and Mike's Biscuits before Christmas. Nothing difficult but just to fit it in. I am working on my project and although I wish the scissors were like my original Hardanger ones, these are working out nice. I hate to order sight unseen (on line) so one of these days I will get to The Attic to see what is available. I also contacted my scissor sharpener and he may be able to fix these. So I find that I have some options. Well, time for another cup of coffee and sample another Pizzelle...just to be really sure they are okay. Glad to have you visit with me. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Happy Christmas gracie, hope all your cooking is done.
How lovely to have your brother coming over hugs.

Ele said...

How lovely to have your brother visiting
Enjoy your time together

cucki said...

Aww so sweet of your brother to visit you..
I love sweet family time.
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Super neat to have your brother visit your blog AND care to comment.

Tiffstitch said...

Glad your brother will soon be there to visit and what's a pizzelle?

diamondc said...

Gracie: Merry Christmas to you and your family, I love Pizelle, yummy.
Baking is one of the things I do like to do with limits, like at Christmas time.
I know what you mean about your brother, I have had the same issues with my mother, even if I write the directions down she still has problems.
I hope Mr. H is feeling really good now and getting better.

Blessings
Catherine

Jules said...

I love Pizelles! I used to have a maker somewhere, but haven't seen it in years. It may be stashed away because it just stays too muggy here for them to stay crisp.

Brigitte said...

I hope your pizelle and all those cookies are baked now. I have intended to bake some cookies this year as well but somehow I lack inspiration, lol.

Julie said...

Christmas wishes to you and Mr H Gracie, have fun with your brother.

Julie said...

Christmas wishes to you and Mr H Gracie, have fun with your brother.