Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What a sunset

I have mentioned before my fascination with the sky and the clouds and just about everything sky. Saturday evening....
this is what I saw when I looked to the West toward The White Tank Mountain range...believe me when I say it took my breath away. This is totally untouched...an as it was photo! Last night's full moon was beautiful as were Venus and Jupiter....Today it is another lovely Arizona morning with comfortable temps and bright sunshine. I managed to get a little yard work done so Mr H who should not be doing it right now would not be tempted to do it later. Our growing season is year round and some plants do just that...keep growing. The lovely Snail Vine is looking a bit tired. I did get it to look more presentable. When I went to Cavecreek last week for the pumkin festival I bought myself another Southwet ornament to add to my collection
The artist is Bette Fraser Day. She lives here in Arizona, in Tucson. It is a hand-painted and embellished one of a kind glass art, with Silver and Turquoise pieces. Until the tree is up for Christmas, it will hang with my other pieces of Southwest art. I was lucky to win a drawing from Barbara and it arrived...
it is so nice. I love these scissors. Never have too many scissors. If you do not know her blog To Stitch or Not To Stitch do pop over and meet her. My sock is progressing, started the heel flap and then on to the the heel turning. Since I did start these ages ago and did not expect to put it aside...there are no notes. You know what I mean...on any project we tend to write ourselves reminders or measurements....well, I did not so I am using the finished sock and I hope it  turns out okay. So far so good. With that, I will say thank you for the kind words you send me and most of all for your friendship.....I have learned a good friend does not have to be someone in our daily physical lives. It is that special person who can be miles away. Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow Gracie! That first picture is just stunning!

Dotty's Daughter said...

Turquoise is one of my favourite colours/stones I love it because it seems to have such depth..lovely ornament. I have and probably will never knit a sock but pleased you didn't give up. Sunset..what can I say..amazing.xx

Mdm Samm said...

Oh Gracie....I feel it with you.... and your post is very touching

shirley flavell said...

An amazing photo, beautiful sunset Gracie.Hope you are enjoying your retirement so far:-)

butterfly said...


Beautiful sunset , lovely ornamet love the colour .
Sounds like you are having nice weather I wish we were going into Summer and not winter but I do like sitting by the cosy fire stitching. We can't have it all but we can dream ,enjoy your day .

Julie said...

OH my..... what a spectacular sight you captured with your camera, so amazing.
Stunning ornament, so very different

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Your sunsets are gorgeous, love your scissors are like mine, got them as a halloween gift. Your new ornament is lovely. take care big hugs Lynda Ruth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That sunset is stunning. I've never seen a sky that red before.