Thursday, October 8, 2015

It's Venetian Red

What a week...I did not know that quitting work would mean unorganized time now. Do not misunderstand, I love my new free time, just need to keep things in order. I just finished my Niky's Christmas contest stitching just have to figure out how to complete it. It was a nice project. Mom's situation is no solution?! She is doing okay and probably needs to follow a better diet.... don't we all! It has been a busy week. Mr H and I went to the Hyundai dealership on Saturday and this followed us home...
it is a 2016 Elantra and my favorite car color...Venetian Red. Funny how you have to get used to a car that is basically the same as you had before....there are of course changes. So pretty. Mr H had a doctor appointment, more on that later...
We had some rain storms also this week...
much needed and so refreshing. The garden was thoroughly watered.  The temperatures have been so comfortable, but will probably change soon back to the 90's. Mr H and I  had lunch outside yesterday at AJ's Marketplace. Most pleasant...
Earlier I  opened the garage to get the newspaper...
Venus and the moon...how lovely is this. I love looking to the sky, any time of the day or night. I am always wondering who is out there....is someone looking down on us? I remember as a child I would say, "I see the moon and the moon sees me"... you may have sung the song or read the rhyme. Here is a link to a snippet of the lullaby. With this I leave you...I must have  cup of coffee. It has been so nice to chat with you. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what a great looking new car!
Hoping all is well with Dennis.

Terri said...

Love the car!!

Jacquie Morris said...

Oooooh such a lovely colour car... Lol I thought it rather funny that you wrote it followed you home! Sort of thing that happens to me!!
Smiles :)

butterfly said...


Lovely new car gracie, love the colour.

I have just got home from a late summer break and it was lovely to see your card waiting for me so thank you sweet friend.

Shelly said...

I imagine retiring is an adjustment, a good adjustment though! For the first month, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Great car, Gracie! Love the color too!

shirley flavell said...

I love my retired life. Always plenty to do and able to please ourselves each day. Love your new red car, very smart. Hope your hubby is ok. Hugs Shirley

Sandra Kaye said...

Very pretty car:):) love the color. Enjoy no working... I know I do... Hehe xoxo.. S

Julie said...

Nice new wheels, wishing lots of safe and happy journeys and adventures in her x

Cindy's Stitching said...

Congratulations on your new car. I am finally catching up on blogs. I am sure you and Mr H will the new ride.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am sure you will settle into the retired life soon. It's nice to have a little bit of a routine though. My parents have set days for their trips into town which helps shape the week.

Kaisievic said...

Love your new car and oh, how I wish I had some free time!