Saturday, July 25, 2015

Another month off

Saw my hand doctor on Friday afternoon. First thing he said "I don't see you back to work yet". On that we agree. Limited stitching... more therapy and immobilize it more during the day. At night I wrap my hand in an ace wrap to keep it from flexing during sleep. But I have projects waiting for me I said. Dr Brad just looked at me and smiled and said he was going to give me injections.... call out to Mr H to come and sit with me...
2 injections at the base of my middle finger and 2 at my wrist....pain....tears....and meds! I did not feel my hand for several hours then the pain set in.  Now I don't mind the limited housework and we know I do not cook, but I am frustrated not being able to stitch enough!  I have everything set to do but when? Today I handed my Leave of absence  slip in to Jo Ann's....I think the med is giving me a dull headache and upset stomach, luckily it only lasts for an hour or so. And that my friends is very good because Mr H is getting ready to make my dinner. I thought I would update you on my slow progress...thank you all for your encouragement.... Have a good night/day... talk with you soon.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you've had full day ...enjoy your dinner. Stitching will keep. Feel better.

butterfly said...


Oh gracie I wish I could will the pain away .
I had it once and know how you feel , I thought I would never sew again but the pain went one day and that was it I did recall that I think it was my lifting heavy cans to water the garden since I don't do that any more I don't get any pain.
Take care and enjoy what you can do sending hugs & xxx .

blue star stitcher said...

So sorry to hear no stitching for a month, maybe a good time to organize projects (and rest--lots and lots of rest). I hope the meds get better for you, I know anything stronger than Tylenol makes me sick to my stomach.

Annette-California said...

So sorry your going through this Gracie! I wish all your pain goes completely away. The time will go by before you know it. This is a good time for you to rest your hand, read and focus what you can do.
Hugs - love Annette

Vickie said...

That does sound painful. Hang in there Gracie. Let us hope this all works!

Heather S said...

Thinking of you in feeling frustrated in not being able to do the things you want to do. Sometimes things take time to heal and then there will be no stopping you.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you feel better and get stitching again soon. Pinterest will keep you busy if you're bored!

Julie said...

Sending {hugs} to you Gracie, I hope these injections help and you can soon be pain free. x

KimM said...

Be a good girl - hopefully you'll heal soon and have a needle and thread in hand.
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

No stitching for another month! I would slowly be going insane! But it will be worth it when your hand is fully recovered. You'll have to ask for another month off work to catch up.