Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A glove of a different kind

It was mighty hot yesterday...
We had my doctor appointment in the morning and then Mr H in the afternoon...to hot to trot! Both went well. Luckily with an automatic starter we can pre-cool the car for a few minutes before attempting to ride.  My therapy appointment went okay. I ill return next week and have a splint/brace made, but in the meantime....
this is what I will wear at bedtime and also on/off during the day as I feel comfortable. This wrapping will immobilize my fingers to give the muscles rest. It is limited mobility. Also during the day....

a comprtession glove to help reduce the swelling. This can be worn on/off also. Of course with this wonderful heat wave, it is a bit uncomfortable. I would much rather wear on of these...
love my gloves...yes, the were all mine and I did wear them during the fab 60's. 
just look at the detail..in #1 the delicate embroidery and scallop edge; #2lovely flowers at each finger tip; #3 those are delica beads soen all over the glove and cuff and #4 the sweet bow embroidered in a formal like trim. I have many others but these happen to be handy this morning. Eveery sooften I take them out to wash and along with my many hankies, it is a task.
A girl was not completely dressed in those day unless she had her hankie, gloves and hat...... lost times. WEll, time to have that second cup of coffee and maybe get a few xx's done. Jake, my therapist said I should rest be continue slowly to try to do everyday things. Thank you all for the kind words and wishes...you certainly make my day. Whatever your plans, enjoy the day.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Love all the gloves gracie, hope things go well soon so you can get back stitching sending hugs.

Vickie said...

Well it appears you are on top of things with your hand.
Keep cool if you can. No problem with that here. ;)

Brigitte said...

I hope the bracd and the glove will help your hand to heal.

Julie said...

Beautiful gloves, I hope the cumbersome one does the trick and helps to heal your pain.

KimM said...

I hope the glove helps your hand heal. It's frustrating not to be able to do the things we love, isn't it?
xxx

Carla Eldridge said...

I cannot help but send you Happy Hand prayers every time I swing by and read your blog...I hope it's working!

rosey175 said...

Your glove collection is wonderful (even the first one, if it helps :))! I would like to have that back in style, they seem so dainty and ladylike (totally un-me hah!).

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Poor Gracie. I would be going slowly insane if I couldn't stitch. However I would be totally caught up with my blog reading!

My art teacher at school only had one arm, the other hung useless by her side. She would stitch one handed using a frame. She also used the useless arm as a weight if she was cutting paper or fabric. This was a little disconcerting to us as 11 year olds!