Sunday, July 5, 2015

Today is the day!

I have so missed my stitching. I have rested my hand all week....well, except for house duties....some of which are not for Mr H to do. So today I plan to stitch on Red, she is waiting for a finish. I thought I should show you what I have left off with on....
this is Meadow so far. I already have a frame for it which helps to see how it is looking as I go along. I need to add a few more orange flowers and also the ground yellow ones. I have enjoyed this project. It may be hard to see, but I put in a small area with "rocks" for a path. I think more seed heads for the grass also.
One side of Red Riding Hood's forest is complete. I am making a change...not adding the words so I shortened the sides. Not much more to go on the other side then I will add the snowflake motifs. Oh and of course  finish Wolf's tail. We had some drizzle on Friday so the roofers did not work.... not because of the drizzle...more because of the lightening that was happening when they came to work! Made sense to me to be a day behind instead of possibly being struck by lightening up on the roof....
Time to check on the laundry and I desperately need some food before settling down to stitch. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship....have a great day. The sun just came out from behind the clouds...better get those umbrellas open!

7 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Your doing great, keep up the positive additude, your doing what you want with just alittle setback but nothing you can't handle. I am praying you will success at this. Soon you will be back to your good old self again in no time. Big hugs from Lynda Ruth

butterfly said...


Well done on picking up your needle but go steady hugs.

Debbie said...

Have fun stitching today!

Kaisievic said...

So glad that you are able to stitch on your gorgeous stitching projects - they are just lovely. Now, I wonder what yummy food you had to fuel you up for an afternoon of stitching?

Julie said...

The meadow is looking superb. x

Jillayne said...

I love your meadow - it's just beautiful. I'm also interested in your Red Riding Hood piece - that was always a favourite tale of mine, so I'm keen to see how this looks when done.
I hope your hand healing continues and that you can stitch happily away with no worries!

Annette-California said...

I am happy for you Gracie that you got to pick up your needle again.
Very beautiful stitching my friend. love Annette