Friday, May 15, 2015

I have show and tell today!

First I want to say a huge thank you for the concern/advice regarding my eyes. I am feeling much better now that I have been using the eye drops. Secondly, I returned to have my eyes re examined and am comfortable with the situation so I ordered my glasses. Hopefully in 2 weeks they will be ready and I can return to cross stitching. On to the fun stuff~~~~~~
I joined in the thimble exchange that KimM organized. I sent to 2 gals, both in Spain. I received my thimble from Montse in Spain yesterday...
Wonderful gifts with the thimble.... a pattern booklet and several other patterns and she even stitched something for me. I also received an email from someone who read a post of mine someplace and wants to do a thimble exchange! Of course I said yes. Then I convinced my sweet little frog pitcher to become a pincushion...
These frogs I have mentioned somewhere along here in the past.... they belonged to my paternal grandma. For as long as I can remember they were in her kitchen above the stove. When she died I got them....I loved them as a child and cherish them now. Sadly I have no one to pass them on to.
Anyway, the little one now has a pincushion made from a scrap of fabric that I have had for ages. Just the right print and look.
As I have not been able to cross stitch, I decided to hand stitch.
I gathered ups some scraps and 2 cd's and beads and a piece of Teneriffe, buttons and trim and this is what I did...a bit of crazy quilting into a pincushion. So, vision or not, I have tried to keep busy. I plan to do another one soon. Today we are having a cloudy day...nice for a change. We might even get some rain. I must dash off now as I have a meeting with one of the homeowners and then with my computer guru to help with my external drive that I just plugged in. A busy morning. I had the week off but will be going in tomorrow....usually Saturday's are busy. So off I go~~~~~~glad to spend some time with you. Hope you have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

butterfly said...

So happy your eyes are better.
What a lovely exchange .
Love what you have been working on and those sweet fogs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm glad things are better for you Grace, I hope your new glasses are just perfect. I ordered new glasses this week too. Your crazy quilting pin cushion is just perfect - I've always had a real love of crazy quilted designs but I've never tried it.

Vickie said...

So glad to hear you are getting everything set up great for your eyes.
Your grandma's frogs are sweet.
Lovely crazy quilting!

Heather S said...

Great to hear you are on the mend now. It's lucky we can do other things when our eyes can't see the fine work.

diamondc said...

What a blessing, so happy to hear your eyes are doing better.
I love the crazy quilt pin cushion it is adorable.
Love the frogs so cute.
I love your thimble exchange.

Blessings
Catherine

KimM said...

So happy to hear your eyes are better. Hope the new glasses help. Lovely exchange gifts! So glad you enjoyed the exchange.
Hugs
xxx

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I went to Joann's today and it was BUSY!
:)
I love your sweet frogs and the one you made into a pincushion!

shirley flavell said...

Hi Gracie, good to read that all is going well re your eyes.Lovely gift you received in your thimble swap and your pincushions are lovely. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Julie said...

I'm having a catch up read. It's good to read in this post that your eyes are a little better, I hope the new glasses do the trick.
Wonderful quilting and finshing, such a lovely little project.

Patty C. said...

Glad you are doing well .. Your little frog is just darling ;)

Patty C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brigitte said...

These littel frogs are so funny. I love the way you turned one of them into a pincushion. And that crazy quilting is looking so good.