Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday already!

I have had another "week off" so to speak; going in today and tomorrow. It has been wonderful with so much free time for Mr H and me to enjoy. A few days we take a ride and enjoy lunch out and then others we have stayed in watching movies and just relaxing. Yesterday I started out for lunch with a friends only to get in the car and it would not start! Just last week I commented to Mr H that our car battery is getting beyond the 2 year mark. You see, here in the hot desert air of Arizona, a car battery usually lasts about 2 years and we are into year 3. So my friend came to pick me up instead. When I arrived back home I opened the garage door  and instead of a car there was a lawn chair sitting there! Where did the car go and also where is Mr H? Finally I found a simple (very small) note in the kitchen that said gone to Larry Miller---that is the dealership. After calling Road Service to start the car off he went to get a new battery. That was his adventure of the day, while mine was a wonderful lunch and great conversation with my friend. I have not really stitched much this week as my eyes have been so blurry and on and off and my hand is still swollen. We have no plans for this holiday weekend---- I am sure the traffic will be horrendous around here. Hopefully all who are celebrating will do so safely. he other day as I looked out my window....
a large woodpecker was treating himself to the sweet hummer food! Excuse the picture quality, as it is taken through the window and I did not want to interrupt his lunch. By the time he finished, the feeder was pretty empty. As he hung off the edge, the liquid pooled to the top and he sipped. It is not seen in this picture, but he had a beautiful large red spot on the top of his head....then as quickly as he appeared he left. I so enjoy the wildlife we have. Well, that is about it for today. Glad you had some time to spend with me....have a great day.

8 comments:

Cactusneedle said...

I have that same issue with woodpeckers so I hung a second hummer feeder. I can see both feeders from my favorite spot by the front window. I had issues with ants getting into the sugar water, so this last time, after cleaning and refilling, I put vasoline around the hangers so the ants can't get access to the water. The birds just do not like when ants get in and die. Yuck.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's a holiday weekend in areas over here too Grace. I love to watch the birds, they can be so clever.

Vickie said...

Wow! I never thought about car batteries and the extreme heat.
That was a neat thing to see the woodpecker.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! The Woodpecker pic is amazing!

butterfly said...

How sweet is the woodpecker.

Julie said...

Beautiful wookpecker. Hope you car got fixed.

shirley flavell said...

Love the woodpecker, gorgeous photo. Damn cars, they can cost a fortune can't they.Have a great week end Shirley

Sally said...

That woodpecker is a real beauty! I love watching the birds in our garden.

Have a great weekend.