Friday, March 6, 2015

Should have been a simple day...

Here it is almost 4 am ad I am stressing. Why you ask. Well, I will start with Wednesday. Should have been a simple day...a visit to the doctor for follow up on our routine blood work. We both got good reports., although she wants me to have another test---no big deal. As we leave, Mr H went to the car to wait while I got prescription for my test. When I joined him, he told me he was very light headed and his vision was not right. I suggested we return inside to the doctor---"no, I will be fine" so off he begins to drive. Not very far when he turns around and back to the parking lot and into the office. The doctor gives him a quick check and calls me in to tell me to get him to the emergency room to rule out a TIA. Back to the car with me driving this time! The ride to our home is about a half hour and to the local hospital. By the time we reached there Mr H decided he is better and does not want to go to the ER. Dennis decided to lay down for a bit and later feels better. Thursday he woke with a headache but his vision was okay. Off to work I go. He calls me an hour after I am at work I must come home he is very dizzy. Lucky I am only 15 minutes from home and off to the hospital we go....Finally, after 5 hours in emergency, we are ready to be admitted to observation to rule out a TIA...an hour later he is in a room and another hour before I leave him in their care for the night. Hard to rest without him here with me... memories of a few years back when a 3 day expected hospital stay turned so different. I have several hours to go before I can check on him or see him.... I feel lonely without him.

18 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sending hugs and best wishes for you both.

Brigitte said...

So sorry, Gracie. All my best wishes to your husband.

Sue said...

So sorry to read this Gracie, hope that you get good news when you contact the hospital. Hugs and prayers for you both x

Vickie said...

I had to look up what TIA is. I am so sorry Gracie. I am praying.

Debbie said...

Gracie,
So sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you both. Take care.

Ele said...

ouch!
so sorry to hear this.
All my best wishes to your husband, hope he will soon be better

Carolyn said...

Hope you get a good report. Stay strong, prayers for both of you.

Terri said...

Hugs and prayers for you both!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope you get good news today Grace. At least he's in the best place and if it was a TIA then he can be put straight onto medicine to help. Let's hope they get to the bottom of it quickly.

Simple Pleasure said...

I am sending good thoughts and prayers for you and Mr. H...please keep us posted.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Mouse said...

Sending (((huge hugs)))) your way and hope that DH gets sorted soon and back home ... love mouse xxxxx

Shelly said...

Ah Gracie, sending good thoughts your way. By this time, maybe you'll have a better idea of what is happening. Best wishes to Mr. H

Annette-California said...

oooh Gracie! I am praying for Mr. H and you. Hang in there he will be home before you know it. Take some stitching to do with you while you wait. Sending you HUGS love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear that Mr H is not well. He is in the best place and I am sure he will be home again soon.
It must be strange to be at home on your own after so many years together.

rosey175 said...

o no! I hope all is well now, or at the very least getting better. Fuzzy feelings your way~

shirley flavell said...

I know how you feel and best wishes to you both. Gracie, your hubby is in the right place just for now.Hugs Shirley

diamondc said...

I will say some prayers for both of you, I hope all goes well and he is home soon.

Catherine

Julie said...

Loving {hugs} to you Gracie. I hope Mr H is feeling much brighter when you visit him today and he is soon home with you, its so hard when our loved ones are sick. much love xxxx