Sunday, December 21, 2014

Kindness

Can you believe it is almost Christmas!? Living here in sunny warm Arizona, Mr H and I tend to lose track of time and days and holidays too. Don't misunderstand... we know what is going on, but it is different when there is no real change of seasons. It is December but I am still barefoot in the house, wearing shorts/capri pants  and short sleeve shirts. I wonder what Mr H will be cooking for Christmas dinner? The Christmas cards have been arriving and this one really made me smile...
It is from Annette. When I first starting blogging, the telephone rang one day and the voice introduced herself as Annette from California. This dear blogger took the time to look up my number to call me. Annette sent me a ball of tatting thread and the cutest needle book. One day it would be lovely to meet and chat and stitch. California is not very far from Arizona. I will find something to tat with this lovely shade of pink. I just asked Mr H about Christmas dinner.... "I don't know"... I am suggesting a Roasted Chicken and fixin's dinner.
I just started a tatted Star pattern and feel quite proud of myself as it is not a written (words) pattern only a diagram. It should be completed today. Mr H is going out shopping by himself so I will have a quiet time to figure the rest of the pattern. I can do it....
The sun is shining bright on this Winter Solstice day. Hope it is lovely wherever you are....glad you visited today....have a wonderful day.

13 comments:

Annette-California said...

Glad you like your gifts & are tatting today! You make the prettiest tatted items. Happy Holidays, love Annette

Julie said...

A lovely Christmas gift.
Have a wonderful Christmas

Cactusneedle said...

agree with the weather here in Arizona - so different from what I grew up with back east, I found 4 tiny green tomatoes today on my tomato plant on my back porch. Yesterday I finally cleaned and refilled my hummingbird feeder on the front porch and was blessed with multiple visits from a local hummingbird. It came off and on all day. I am assuming it is one, but it could be several. More observation is needed. And I also decided to go with a roast, stuffed chicken for Christmas. I just don't want all the leftovers we had at Thanksgiving, but I do want the flavors.

Caitlin D said...

I look forward to seeing the finished tatted piece. I can't seem to get the hang of doing that. :-/

shirley flavell said...

Lovely gift, I would love to learn tatting. Such a lovely thing to do by Annette, you would have been really thrilled Gracie. Best wishes and hugs Shirley N.Z.

Vickie said...

Have a wonderful, warm day Gracie! Annette is such a good person. :)

Cindy said...

Love reading your posts! Hubby and I have just arrived in the valley and are newly retired. Your comment about losing track of time and days resonated with me!

Brigitte said...

Enjoy your day. I can't imagine a winter without cold weather, and usually we have lots of snow. BUt if I could choose I'd take your winter weather, lol.

Angela P said...

We will have a green and warm(ish) Christmas too! Lovely card & gift. Merry Christmas!

gracie said...

Enjoy beautiful Arizona. How long will you be staying?

Hazel said...

Thank you for my Christmas card! Xx

Anne said...

That's amazing of Annette!!! So sweet of her! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your hubby!! Hugs!

diamondc said...

Gracie: Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

Catherine