Now, doesn't the title for this post make you want to know what is going on in my mind? Well, there is too much junk floating there but I will share this...
This little Quail family is about the right size of our orphan and there are out here everyday. In my mind, I want to think this is who came to retrieve the baby bird......better to think this than ..... anyway, let's think this is the family. I have been busy stitching in between this and that. I hope to get more on the Hummingbird Garden to show you, but here is
the Santa ornament ready for the backing. Love this red and white snowflake fabric I bought last year. My goal is to sew this up in the next few days while I am off from work. Speaking about work, I saw my hand doctor yesterday. "As long as you continue to cut fabric for 5 hours several times a week, your hand will be inflamed", a direct quote. Luckily for me, we are in our summer snowbirds gone time and my hours are much less. We all have something to adjust to in life. I enjoy my part time job so I will adjust to this inconvenience.
As I was being the sous chef for Mr H the other evening, I thought, (that thinking again!) gee, hate to toss out these red onion skins... so I boiled them up and tossed in a piece of fabric...
really like how it turned out....wish I had used a larger piece. I am sure to find something to make with it. We are still with the Monsoon Season and the humidity is really high today---46%...very high for us. The other evening this was the sky at sunset...
I almost expected Old Man Wind to appear, but the sky was still and this puff just hung there with lightening and a few claps of thunder. It has been a quiet morning and since I have a dull headache, I will return to my comfy chair to relax before going to work later this morning....glad you stopped by today..... hope you have a great day.
This little Quail family is about the right size of our orphan and there are out here everyday. In my mind, I want to think this is who came to retrieve the baby bird......better to think this than ..... anyway, let's think this is the family. I have been busy stitching in between this and that. I hope to get more on the Hummingbird Garden to show you, but here is
the Santa ornament ready for the backing. Love this red and white snowflake fabric I bought last year. My goal is to sew this up in the next few days while I am off from work. Speaking about work, I saw my hand doctor yesterday. "As long as you continue to cut fabric for 5 hours several times a week, your hand will be inflamed", a direct quote. Luckily for me, we are in our summer snowbirds gone time and my hours are much less. We all have something to adjust to in life. I enjoy my part time job so I will adjust to this inconvenience.
As I was being the sous chef for Mr H the other evening, I thought, (that thinking again!) gee, hate to toss out these red onion skins... so I boiled them up and tossed in a piece of fabric...
really like how it turned out....wish I had used a larger piece. I am sure to find something to make with it. We are still with the Monsoon Season and the humidity is really high today---46%...very high for us. The other evening this was the sky at sunset...
I almost expected Old Man Wind to appear, but the sky was still and this puff just hung there with lightening and a few claps of thunder. It has been a quiet morning and since I have a dull headache, I will return to my comfy chair to relax before going to work later this morning....glad you stopped by today..... hope you have a great day.
8 comments:
I love your fabric so much...it's looking so beautiful..
Sweet stitches...
Sending you big hugs xx
Please take care of your hand! I know how hard it is to rest sore body parts (don't ask about my elbow!), but try. ♥
Very clever with the linen, it looks good. The cloud formation is unusual looking - nature constantly amazes us. I hope your hand recovers, being limited in what you can do is so frustrating - I'm speaking from experience unfortunately.
Gorgeous little quail family.
So happy that the quail family could have taken the little quail.
Take care with your hand , I pulled my arm yesterday yet again, not good for a crafter .
I would think the same thing about the little quail family.
Great piece of fabric that you dyed. The colour came out so great. And such a sweet little snowman finish.
Hopefully your hand will get better throughout the summer.
I do a lot of thinking too....and its always fun to learn about how others think :)
Hello
Just found you through Butterfly Wings.
Sweet quails (:
Your santa ornament will be lovely with that backing fabric.
I'm sorry to hear about your hand - we only realize how important they are when they become painful.
I love the cloud photo! Right now we are having torrential rain but at least it does the garden good.
Hope you have a good day and your blog is lovely.
Post a Comment