Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I would like to think....

Now, doesn't the title for this post make you want to know what is going on in my mind? Well, there is too much junk floating there but I will share this...
This little Quail family is about the right size of our orphan and there are out here everyday. In my mind, I want to think this is who came to retrieve the baby bird......better to think this than ..... anyway, let's think this is the family. I have been busy stitching in between this and that. I hope to get more on the Hummingbird Garden to show you, but here is
the Santa ornament ready for the backing. Love this red and white snowflake fabric I bought last year. My goal is to sew this up in the next few days while I am off from work. Speaking about work, I saw my hand doctor yesterday. "As long as you continue to cut fabric for 5 hours several times a week, your hand will be inflamed", a direct quote. Luckily for me, we are in our summer snowbirds gone time and my hours are much less. We all have something to adjust to in life.  I enjoy my part time job so I will adjust to this inconvenience. 
As I was being the sous chef for Mr H the other evening, I thought, (that thinking again!) gee, hate to toss out these red onion skins... so I boiled them up and tossed in a piece of fabric...
really like how it turned out....wish I had used a larger piece. I am sure to find something to make with it. We are still with the Monsoon Season and the humidity is really high today---46%...very high  for us. The other evening this was the sky at sunset...
I almost expected Old Man Wind to appear, but the sky was still and this puff just hung there with lightening and a few claps of thunder. It has been a quiet morning and since I have a dull headache, I will return to my comfy chair to relax before going to work later this morning....glad you stopped by today..... hope you have a great day.

8 comments:

cucki said...

I love your fabric so much...it's looking so beautiful..
Sweet stitches...
Sending you big hugs xx

Silverlotus said...

Please take care of your hand! I know how hard it is to rest sore body parts (don't ask about my elbow!), but try. ♥

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very clever with the linen, it looks good. The cloud formation is unusual looking - nature constantly amazes us. I hope your hand recovers, being limited in what you can do is so frustrating - I'm speaking from experience unfortunately.

Heather S said...

Gorgeous little quail family.

butterfly said...

So happy that the quail family could have taken the little quail.
Take care with your hand , I pulled my arm yesterday yet again, not good for a crafter .

Brigitte said...

I would think the same thing about the little quail family.
Great piece of fabric that you dyed. The colour came out so great. And such a sweet little snowman finish.

Hopefully your hand will get better throughout the summer.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I do a lot of thinking too....and its always fun to learn about how others think :)

sally said...

Hello

Just found you through Butterfly Wings.
Sweet quails (:
Your santa ornament will be lovely with that backing fabric.
I'm sorry to hear about your hand - we only realize how important they are when they become painful.
I love the cloud photo! Right now we are having torrential rain but at least it does the garden good.
Hope you have a good day and your blog is lovely.