Tuesday, October 8, 2013

When the back bell rings......

Well, now that I have time to think, it all makes sense. My "quick" run to the market this morning...I thought they were giving away stuff it was so busy. Jo Ann's has been busy, traffic has been busy....and there are more of those dreaded golf carts around the neighborhood. You ask why? They're back! those snowbirds are back..
Oh you are wondering about the back bell...it means the Postman has a package that can not fit through the mail slot.
My Trick or Treat package arrived! all the way from South Africa...from dear Cucki. There is a sweet pair of scissors, some orange beads, a lovely pouch, a pattern and pretty fabric. Do you see the bright orange threads? and look at the pretty pillow. And purple thread too. Thank you dear Cucki! Hopefully my package will arrive at it's destination soon.
I finally decided on how to finish my 3 ornaments.... and which will go where. My SSCS exchange is complete...just have to gift wrap it all and it will be ready for posting when the date arrives.
Sunday was the first time our new Tatting group met...lesson 1..... the ladies, Madonna, Mary and Sue seemed happy to be with The Debra and me. Now they will practice until we meet next Sunday at the library again. Today is lesson 2 for my sewing machine....applique, embroidery stitches and twin needle stitching as well as wing needle. It is a little tiring as I go to the class room shortly after  I clock out...a 2 hour lesson. But I am looking forward to it. Belva is a good teacher who really knows all the 3 machines we bring to class. Well, my friends, I think it is relax time...work today....and sewing class #2! Hope your day is fun....

10 comments:

Shirlee said...

I remember snowbirds when we lived in Florida. It was not a happy time : ) So glad you have the tatting group beginning! I look forward to hearing about the meetings : )

Lee said...

What an exciting parcel to receive so many interesting items.

Vickie said...

While I do not celebrate Halloween myself, I appreciate Cucki's gifts to you. =)

Heather said...

It's always great to receive a package in the mail. Looks like lots of nice things.

cucki said...

Yayyy
I am super happy here that you loved it :)
Huge hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Shelly said...

What a fun package you received! Snowbirds, fun! They drive up this way to check out Prescott and the area.

Nicola said...

A lovely package from dear cucki. It is always a thrill when a package arrives.

Julie said...

Super parcel from Cucki and congrats to the ladies in your giveaway.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your sweet exchange from Cucki is darling! :)
And I had to laugh about the snowbirds, they have flown the coop here, as they flock here in summer (due to this being a college town and top place to retire...) so I say its your turn,I've dealt with them all summer! :)

Parsley said...

I am so happy you enjoyed the exchange. Thanks for having fun with us.