Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sometimes....

EvaP (mom) called me the other evening very upset. It was to tell me that my Aunt Esther
(she is the lady on the right, mom on left and yours truly in the middle. ) had passed away. This picture you may remember from when I last visited Rhode Island. Aunt Esther and EvaP were the last 2 of their generation in our family. So of course mom is feeling all this hard.  Esther was married to my dad's younger brother Gene.
The day this picture was taken, Aunt Esther held my hand and smiled at me, she told me I was pretty....growing up we were very close; Aunt Esther, Uncle Gene, Anthony and Eileen their-- children --spent wonderful summers at the lake. I always remember picking the blueberries in the wooded area....and all the other members of Aunt Esther's family there too.  Sometimes there were  so many of us kids running around. Our extended family.  So glad I have those memories.....
On the stitching front... I know, you thought I would show you something... maybe a finish or work in progress. See all the fluff....it was a double feather. I am working on a Dream catcher, and I was one x off someplace in the feather and just could not let it stay. Oh I could have fudged through it..after all it is a feather. Not me, no. It was almost complete too! Besides, the pattern direction say to stitch with 3 strands and I thought I would rather use 2 because of the way I plan to finish this. Well, I am now starting it over with the 3 strands. I only wanted them to be "in the background". Maybe I will like it this way. Today is a work day....so not much will get done on this repair work. Thanks for visiting today...and listening to me. Thank you for being my friends.....have a good day.

14 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so saddened to read of your loss Gracie, it's a wonderful picture of the 3 of you. (Big hug) xx

Terri said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Vickie said...

Well I am sorry Gracie. It sounds as though your Aunt had a nice, full life.

valerie said...

I'm so sorry to read this news about your Aunt Esther. How wonderful that you were able to visit recently and have this photo to treasure!

Justine said...

I am sorry for your troubles and will remember you all in my prayers. What lovely memories you shared.

Annette-California said...

So sorry Gracie for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Beautiful photo of the 3 of you.
love Annette

cucki said...

I am so sorry for your loss dear..
Hugs and prayers for you all xx

Sally said...

So sorry for your loss. What a lovely photo.

Gillie said...

A beautiful photograph and memories, sending you a hug, Gracie.

Oh my, re the stitching, a hug for that too, hope it proceeds better now!

Heather said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, you have some wonderful memories to help at this time.
Although it is frustrating, you'll be happier with the finished result when you've restitched it. I'm good at reverse sewing.

butterfly said...

So sorry about your sad loss, big hugs.

Shirlee said...

I am sorry for your loss my friend. What a lovely photograph for you to treasure.

Simply Victoria said...

Great photo of you, your mom and your aunt. Sorry for your loss.

thegreytail said...

oh, I'm so sorry for Aunt Esther. she was right though, you are pretty.