Friday, May 24, 2013

Time ... where does it go

I have been in a lost mode again...oh, I am doing this and doing that, but at the same time... loosing myself in this and that. If you do not think this makes sense, then join me for another cup of coffee. I have been practicing my tatting. It is a simple enough pattern, but I keep making mistakes. Some I can fix and then I just discard and start over. It will not get me.... I will get it! Moving on...
this is a Mourning Doves nest in our Ficus tree. Mr H refused to let her build in our planter, so she moved to the tree... a better place. There are only 2 eggs, and they are taking turns sitting on the nest. It is a very sturdy twig nest. I took this on May 16th so we will watch and see the progress to hatching. This certainly has been the year for nests in our plants!
I have also been working on my Candle stand project... although I will admit  very little, but here it is so far
 I planned to have more done, but this tatting thing got in the way. I still have a few other projects in the works...just can't seem to find the time. There is that word again. Time.....
Well, dear friends, my coffee is ready and I need to put my feet up for a break..... laundry one out of dryer and laundry two in dryer. The sound of the pond fountain is calling to me to sit outside on the lanai and relax so I think I will.... won't you join me for a stitch break? So happy to have you visit with me today...have a good day.

6 comments:

pam said...

Enjoy the down time I say!

cucki said...

Have fun..
Cucki,s hugs x

Shirlee said...

We have lots of mourning doves here but I have never seen a mourning dove's nest. I get such a kick out of watching birds & finding their nests. A pair of robins made a nest in our little pine tree & we were able to watch from building to sitting to laying to hatching to care & then showing the young how to fly & get food. Wonderful : )

Heather said...

Hope your still out there stitching as I'm a little late joining, but am now ready.
Love the violets.

Brigitte said...

These violets are so lovely ...

Julie said...

So relaxing to sit and stitch to the sound of water, the time just flies by, enjoy your relaxation.