Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Two nice days.....and a bath

Sunday was such a nice relaxing day. Some stitching, getting some groceries (must have food not just thread) and a movie or two in the comfort of the living room with Mr H  .---Monday...this was our Monthly Stitch group meeting...always nice to catch up with the ladies and see what everyone is working on. I worked on my roses and even more since Monday morning.

Since this picture, I have added the rest of the roses and now need to do the leaves...the part I am not fond of! Sorry for the wrinkles...too lazy to iron it.

I was happy to know that my BBD Exchange finally arrived in Mexico for Laura
It is Oh My Stars that I made into a needle roll. I have already started another  BBD Design in anticipation of the next round....
I wish I could show you a picture of what I was so privileged to see Sunday morning. I went out to the yard and heard the familiar talk of the Hummingbird...but where was it? I stood very still and closed my eyes and the then knew where to look. The pond. I slowly moved toward the pond and stopped. There sitting on the fountain head in the middle of our little pond was a hummer...taking a bath! I could not move.. I did not want to scare him and I just wanted to enjoy this moment. It lasted just seconds but what a delight to see. Once the weather is warmer I always have the camera outside with me. Just maybe I will catch a hummer taking a bath. You never know. I must tell you what a joy it is to have you in my world. the caring and sharing.... but that will be another post....for now....
must get the laundry into the dryer and have some breakfast. Thank you always for being here and for the kind words and emails.  I hope your day will be wonderful.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Your roses are going so lovely....and your exchange gift Is so cute...
Love x

Vickie said...

Lovely stitching Gracie. And what a precious moment that was indeed!

Lee said...

what a thrill to watch such a special moment.
Love the way your roses are coming on.

Teresa said...

Oh how fun it would be to watch a hummingbird taking a bath. They are such pretty little things.
Your roses are lovely.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Fiore said...

The hummer bath, what a nice picture. You have a so delicate soul. I Love your stitiches.

Mouse said...

I hope you get your hummer .... I have an elusive robin in my garden but now have got my new camera ... my odds of getting him have gone up ...lol

lovely wee exchange piece you did too :) and glad you enjoyed meeting up with your fellow stitchers is lovely being able to stitch in company :) love mouse xxxxx

Annette-California said...

I loved you sharing your moment with your hummer. How lovely. You sure have done a beautiful job on your rose sampler. I clicked on your photo and WOW I couldn't see all the stitching on the rest of the design before. Its so Gorgeous Gracie. Love it. Is the ecru stitching called whitework? Would love to know. love Annette

Nicola said...

I would have loved to see the hummingbird taking a bath.