Friday, September 28, 2012

A late start to my day..

Left work early yesterday with a migraine  Tired today,  I did take the day off. Tomorrow will be busy...last day for current sale.
Yesterday as I walked into the living room I saw a shadow by the window. I was planning to open the front door to let the beautiful morning air in when who should be there...
When he saw me, he turned and walked across to my neighbor...actually I think he was going to check to see if any of the rabbits living in under the cactus there were peeking out. Soon as the weather begins to cool, out they come at all hours. Mr H will need to be more cautious when taking Ms Zoe out.
My Lady is ready for her final finishing! I can't wait to show her off. Final steps today most likely. Already to start my BBD design for the exchange. Picked up a book from the library. Even though I love my e Reader  it is so nice to hold a book in hand.  It is Garment of Shadows by Laurie King. A story about Mary Russell who we learn is wife to Sherlock Holmes! Now, I watch over and over the Sherlock Holmes series. We have the entire DVD collection. I just can not get it into my mind that he would be married. We shall see.
 So glad you stopped by...hope your day is wonderful.

7 comments:

Parsley said...

Oh! We see these often but not at our door!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww
first time i am seeing him near the houses..
happy stitching to you xxx

Vickie said...

Oh Miss Zoe be safe!! We have them very near to us also. In this suburb! Brian hear toenail clicking two summers ago. He looked out our front window and it was a coyote running down the block on our sidewalk!! Yikes! A Great Horned Owl was perched on our back fence one night, while Mabel was out for the last time. I opened the door to let her in and almost screamed!!

rosey175 said...

O wow, I can't say that I've seen one that close to our house although when they're yapping at night, they might as well be IN the house for as loud as they are!! They're a nuisance around here so I would not be happy that they were coming up to the house like that, eek!

Virpi said...

In Finland we do have wolves but they are rarely seen and they don't move near houses at all. They do catch dogs sometimes but the dogs are hunting dogs and often loose.

Fiore said...

I'm afraid of wolves. I can't believe you have had one in your garden. What if he comes again?

Nicola said...

Is it a wolf? Gosh.

Have you read the Sherlock Holmes novel The Devils Foot. It is set in our cove.

Conan Doyle visited our house and in the book Holmes and Watson stayed in our neighbours cottage.