Sunday, September 30, 2012

The debut of..... My Lady

What a good feeling when something finishes just the way you thought and planned. And here she is
Little House Needleworks "My Lady" stitched on Cream Belfast 28 Ct linen using DMC threads as recommended. My thought was to hang a needlework charm from her hands, but I have not found one that I like--- yet. So, that may be an addition at some time. I have stitched in here and there some filament thread to add a little glow. Unfortunately, it does not show in the pictures but does in person. I am so glad that I found the paisley silky print for her backing and the gold braid to trim. Her bustle is a small pincushion. Now, what I would like is for all of you to help give her a proper name. So, post here or email me your choice of a fitting name for her. I will choice a name next Sunday, October 7th. I am sure there will be something special for one of you.
Mr H is being cautious now that we have the coyotes roaming at all times again. Personally, I doubt they could pick up our 27 pound chunky monkey! They last time she came face to face with a coyote, she stared and I believe would have invited him in! She is such a gentle soul.
Today is of course football Sunday at the H house. While Mr H cheers, complains and yells at the TV, I will be going to the bead shop to make a new trinket. Welcome to a new friend who joined my blog... and thank all of  you for taking the time to visit. Enjoy your day....

15 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh Gracie you have done a fantastic job on your lady she is just beautiful, almost at once the name Emma came to me.
Just beautiful hugs.

Jules said...

Very much a beautiful finish! I love the bow on her backside.

Fiore said...

Very well done, my dear. Your lady is so cute! Love everything of this work.
About her name, do you know who I thought about when I see her? Your Aunt Esther! I rembered the pic you posted several days ago. Same hair cutted, same jewels. Esther or Aunt Esther would be a perfect name!
Take care.
Fiore

CalamityJr said...

What imaginative finishing! She's absolutely gorgeous, and the bustle is so creative. I think I'd name her Emily.

Minnie said...

"My Lady" beautiful and as for a name, how abut "Bella" for some reason that just came to mine.

lynda said...

She's lovely! I really like your special touches, especially the little bustle! I think Minnie has come up with the perfect name...Bella...for a beautiful lady.

cucki said...

wow Very sweet..cute finish! I love the bow on her backside too.
hugs xx

thegreytail said...

I'd call her Vianne.. :)
she got an incredibly genius finishing.. well done!!

SoCal Debbie said...

The paisley fabric is perfect! She looks beautiful. She looks like a Clara to me.

DebbieSFL said...

She's lovely.....and she looks Italian; I say Sofia.

Vickie said...

Oh she is wonderful Gracie! Job well done.

butterfly said...

Love your lady, she is so beautiful, I would call her Emma.

Julie said...

Such a beautiful lady, I love her!

Barb's Mindless "Meanderings" said...

Lady Lydia "strikes my fancy," Gracie! She's beautiful!
Barb in Syryacuse

MommyDearest said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I love her!!
She is absolutely stunning!! You have a wonderful eye for color and your stitching is amazing! As for names, I have always loved the name Isobel ..maybe Lady Isobel?
B E A U T I F U L!!!!
Connie
connieblue@cox.net