Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2 finishes and last post...

Did the "last post" catch your attention? Well, it is only my last post until I return from my trip.... I return on the 13th so probably the next post will be on the 14th. I will not have internet access...
Here is what I have been doing....First is Yellow Bird ....







I finished it for my e-Reader. The paisley print has been in my stash just waiting to be used. I am pleased with how it turned out.
I have been working on another piece... an embroidery that I covered a composition notebook with. This is the first time I have covered books like this....

I stitched her with DMC502 on muslin. The backing is a lovely floral print that has been on my work cart for some time. I just could not think of where to use it. I had bought the composition book months ago but of course it also sat in the craft closet.  So, I have not been too idle. 
My suitcase is packed, my carry on almost packed, and my tote ready with on the flight project and book. There is a 3 hour difference from Arizona to Rhode Island so my mind will be at 7 pm when I land but 10 pm in reality. It looks like the weather will be nice while I am there. The temps in the 80's instead of Arizona's triple digits. These desert feet will spend one afternoon walking in the ocean! 
so, my friends, I will visit with you when I return and hope you all have a wonderful week.
Note: I understand that Madame Muriel has arrived in Italy! Watch for her adventures by visiting 

Special Note: I changed my post...do you know what and why? There may just be a prize if you know...actually Denise emailed me already so she gets the first prize....who will be the next one????

13 comments:

Denise said...

Have a great trip! Be safe! Yellow Bird looks great. Will be emailing a question.

cucki said...

Yellow bird is so sweet..
Have a safe trip..big hugs xxx

Woman Seeking Center said...

Yellow bird 'sings'! :-) Beautiful!

Have a wonderful, restful, renewing holiday - you'll be missed but your stories of adventures away will be enjoyed once you've returned....

Safe travels!
Issy

Annie said...

Yellow bird is lovely and your book covering is great.
Hope you have a great trip!

SoCal Debbie said...

What a wonderful cover for your E-reader! Fantastic stitching!

Janet P said...

Love yellow bird, have a super dooper time.

thegreytail said...

have a safe trip and enjoy the ocean..
Muriel and I are having a lovely cup of tea tomorrow, as the temps already begin to lower.. :D
see you when you come back!
many happy xxx!
chiara

[both projects look great.. an e-reader cover is really a smart finish!]

Mouse said...

mmmmm must be something to do with the yellow bird as Denise has just stitched this one and the bird in the hand too ...
I've stitched the bird in the hand in blue similar to hers and can't wait to get my paws on the YB ..I keep stalking the postie heheh :0
love mouse xxxxx

Gabi said...

Your bird is gorgeous. Love it how you finished it into a cover for your e-Reader. The paisley print fits perfect. Very elegant.
Congrats also for the other finish. The angel makes a beautiful book cover.

Mangogirl said...

Beautiful

Julie said...

Beautiful bird, enjoy your trip.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finishes. Enjoy your vacation.

Annette-California said...

Oh Grace your Yellow Bird came out Gorgeous! Have a great vacation. love Annette