Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What a week

Sunday night, Mr H put up stick-up notes all over  the place...... the trash pick up.... the re-cycle pickup .... remember to check the pond and feed the fish ... remember Zoe's eye meds..... you would think that I never did anything around here. Well, the truth is, he does spoil me and takes care of all the above.
We arrived at the hospital Monday at 5:15 am...surgery was at 8 am.... basically it went well... then a few complications. Right now things are under control thanks to a wonderful staff and  good doctors. Discharge is not certain yet due to a few of these problems. I miss him so~~~~ hard to wake and not have him next to me. There is Zoe.. she is there but she is looking for Mr H!
When I finally arrived back home from the hospital on Monday night...this is what I found.....
This was a 10 x 10 metal framed gazebo. It was anchored to the bricks with 12 .... 12 anchor spikes.

a mangled mess
Obviously we had a high wind race through and possible a micro burst and it tore up all but 4 of the anchors.
Thanks to dear Ziz who came over to see if she could help...then to Mr Ziz who came over on Tuesday to disassemble the mess and arranged to have it hauled away. I have not told Mr H that his lovely back yard was a disaster ..... at this point he can not have any added stress.
The two fish are doing okay....They are about 8 - 10 inches long..... the storm debris was not spread into the pond.... just all over the yard. Most is already cleaned up.
Stitching.... oh I have been working away on a special piece... can not show it yet as it is a gift. Plenty of time sitting with Mr H.
I miss reading all your blogs and commenting, but I know you all understand my priorities right now. Thank you for all the good wishes. I hope to be back to blog hopping real soon.....

12 comments:

Colorado Stitcher said...

Why do these things seem to happen when the men are away. I hope he gets better real soon and things get back to normal.

CalamityJr said...

Thanks for the update. Telling Mr H that Mr Calamity and I are praying for a speedy recovery!

Blu Stitcher said...

I am so glad that Mr. H is doing better and I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts. I hate those micro bursts and I bet that's what it was. It's wonderful to have good neighbors to pitch in and help.

Mouse said...

you take of yourself and Mr H right now ....and do some stitching to chill yourself ... love the sticky notes ... I do that too when I go away ..lol ... your fish are lovely and soo glad the debris didn't affect them ...... catch up with you soon when you can blog some more :) (((HUGS)) love mouse xxxx

Carol said...

Oh, you certainly have a lot on your plate, Grace--worrying about Mr. H and now the yard mess. Hang in there--I do hope he recovers quickly and can come home to you very soon :)

Teresa said...

I hope you hubbie is well and back home soon. Sorry about the backyard mess. Important thing no one (or fish) was hurt.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Chookyblue...... said...

hope dh is still going really well.........

Whytefeather said...

The yard can be fixed back up later, but sorry that happened... what a pain to come home to that! Make sure you take good care of you too... sending healing thoughts for Mr. H and big hugs to you :)

Sally said...

I hope Mr H is much better soon. You take care of yourself too Gracie {{{hugs}}}

Melanie said...

So glad that Mr. H is doing well. *hugs*

What a bummer about the backyard. :( Sounds like it will be cleared up pretty good by the time the hubby gets home though so it won't cause him too much stress.

Jennifer M. said...

Yikes! Unexpected things always tend to happen at the worst times. That was very nice of your friends to help you with cleaning that up.

I hope Mr. H is recovering well. Just take things one day at a time.

Jen :)

Lynda said...

Far out Gracie! That was a very unpleasant surprise. I'm glad to read that Mr H is doing well.