Sunday, April 10, 2011

So glad last week is over!

What a week...happy to have it past. As you know, I have the first 4 days of the week off...a mini vacation. Let me tell you...it is going to be rest, stitch, rest, stitch! The rain is finally gone..it was only one day...and much needed. I really have to get a few things worked on today so I can go to the Post Office in the morning. One package is for my sis...I guess I could explain the lynowl name. Here is lynowl...
Yes, the metal great horned owl at the back of the pond. The very first visit my sis Linda came out to see us, she bought this for Mr H. We had a Great Horned Owl that visited one of our tress and he told her all about it, and  she got this for him. We called it lynowl and she grabbed it as a nickname. Here is the real lynowl...

My sis and I are friends....she is fond of telling everyone that she is the younger one. Her last visit out here was for a month when I had foot surgery...we had a blast. Anyway, that's the story. Have you been visiting with the Eagle nest? That one little baby is getting very brazen...the nest needs maid service, but I am loving watching them.
By the way, I finished the stitching of Garden Party...would you like to follow me to my other place and see? I love your visits and comments and email...thank you.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Have a great weekend!! Very cute owl!!

Blu Stitcher said...

The Eagles are wonderful. I have been watching for the last few days. Today I was in awe over both Mom and Dad being in the nest. To see them take off and land just amazes me.

Cardygirl said...

Glad you are feeling better...enjoy your break.

Nancy said...

Enjoy your mini vacation! Your plans sound just perfect!