Friday, April 22, 2011

A hawk, a start and a cup of tea

First up...As I took Zoe out Wednesday morning, I heard a loud "call"...looked up and there they were...2 hawks...
His/her mate flew away but this one keep a watch on us...yelling the entire time. There were 2 Mocking birds attacking it, or at least making an attempt to get it out of the tree. Finally off it flew. I did try to see if there was a nest up there, but did not locate one.
I started a small project...
I had commented on this at Nataly's and she sent the pattern and threads to me. She is such a doll! Anyway, I decided to stitch it using and unknown 32ct linen that I had tea dyed.
I love the tiny sheep! It is a fob but I may finish as a pin cushion...
I did a bit on my challenge piece....I am taking my cup of tea so meet me at my other place and take a look...as always, I am happy to have you visit and enjoy your comments and emails...have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I love your new start! I use my little fob on one of my favorite scissors and just love it. A pin cushion is a great idea, too!!

Mouse said...

ohhh that is sooo cute love it :) off to the other place now t.t.f.n love mouse xxx

Nancy said...

Love that tiny sheep!

We have a pair of hawks around our house too. Bet those mocking birds were trying to protect their nest from the hawks.

SoCal Debbie said...

That is really something, that just a few stitches can make a recognizable sheep! Very cute!

MiniBinoy said...

Hello Gracie, i just stumbled upon your beautiful blog!!your cross stitch finishes are fabulous!!.Pls do visit mine when your time permits!:)
www.ministreasuretrove.blogspot.com

Lois said...

What a lovely new start!