Sunday, January 7, 2018

Slow start to my day

Not sure why, but lately as you will note from the late posts, I am just pokey in the mornings. There was a time when I posted at 3 or 4 AM! Just having such slow days. Not happy with this new me, but what to do. It is not that the weather is the cause. We are having a delightful winter start with temps daily in the 70s or mid 60s. The sun is bright and warm daily and flowers are still blooming for me to enjoy. Certain days do affect me and I am trying to get past them....eventually I am sure it will be easier for me.
Look at what can follow me around
It is a rolling metal cart that has wheels that can lock and is about 29 inches high and plenty of space between the generous deep shelves. The shelves are around 16 - 1/2 by 13- 1/2 inches. Found it at Michael's. I choose the soft "rose" metallic finish; there are 3 other colors. It actually moves nicely even on the carpet. Now I have the project all in one portable arrangement.
Currently it is all set for my tatting which is a new snowflake pattern. This is my second attempt to get it right. I prefer to tat from written directions not diagrams but I am too lazy to write it out. I hope to get it made today.
The sweet Lady Bug is already to visit the post office tomorrow and find a new home.....where...not saying just yet. I will say it has a bit of a distance to travel. Speaking of the post office and travel, I mailed 2 packages to Canada on December 8th. One finally arrived after Christmas! and the other ....it is still in Canadian customs! I have sent to the UK quicker than this.
Well, one laundry is swishing and one is drying. Almost like My Denny was here....there was a tissue caught in the wash! Don't you hate that? Not like me at all. He was famous for leaving one in a pocket and of course I would forget to check. Oh well.
Guess I will finish my coffee and then make the bed so I can tat. Hope you all have a great day. It has been nice having you stop by. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship.

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

hi, I love your new caddy, great idea for putting your stitching in. I hope Ladybug gets to her new home in good time. I am hoping for a surprise tomorrow in the mail. It should be here sometime this week if all goes well, you have a great day. big hugs love

Debbie said...

Slow starts are perfect for January mornings. Linger over that cup of coffee, enjoy. Recharge and get ready for the Spring countdown.

Your metal caddy looks great! I'll have to take a look at my local Michael's. It would be some much better than a plastic storage bin.

Sometimes I feel that the Canada/US postal departments get far too creative in how long they can take to deliver items. To/from the UK or NZ seem to fair much better.

Your tatting is beautiful.

Vicki said...

Love your cart. I have often thought of getting one for myself, but just haven't done it. I'll be eager to see how you like it as you settle in to using it.

Julie said...

Your new cart looks very nice, what a great place to have all you needs to hand.
Have a lovely day, enjoy the tatting.

Jennifer said...

That cart is really nice. I may have to go find one for me! You are enjoying warmer temps than us in Miami! Love your tatted snowflake. I would like to learn tatting someday.

Terri said...

That cart is beautiful! I bought one similar from IKEA. Wish I had known Michael's had them - I much prefer the gold finish over the black, which is what I have. Oh well, live and learn :-)

I almost always leave tissues in my pocket(s) and find them later in the dryer :-)

Have a great day!

Pittoresque said...

I love your new project cart, maybe I should see if I could incorporate one in my setup as well. I tend to leave tissues in the laundry as well...fortunately, they have become much more washer safe now, so it's not as big of an issue as it was when i was still a child and annoyed my grandma by doing so (never on purpose!).