Every holiday, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching host blog hops. This is her Advent 2017 Hop.
We are asked to post a festive picture and answer a question. This year...."How do you plan to spend Boxing Day and any special traditions with this day."
Living in the USA we do not celebrate Boxing Day. I did check out what it is all about though. It seems that on December 26th ----
"the first week-day after Christmas-day, observed as a holiday on which post-men, errand-boys, and servants of various kinds expect to receive a Christmas-box". This box could contain a bonus and even food to take to celebrate with their families.
So, the day after Christmas has always been a quiet day to enjoy what we were to busy to notice on Christmas Day. We would usually have music playing and just relax and "pick" on the left overs ... no cooking no cleaning just relax. Of course before moving to the desert of Arizona there might have been snow to clear away when living in Rhode Island. Here we would probably enjoy a day sitting outside. One year we went for a hike on the trails of the White Tank Mountains wearing shorts and T-shirts. That quiet different for us coming from the cold climates.
Boxing Day is 23 days away.....what will you be doing?
For today I will finish my ornaments and listen to Christmas music...maybe Sinatra and Johnny Mathis and enjoy the package I received yesterday...I will show you tomorrow.
We are asked to post a festive picture and answer a question. This year...."How do you plan to spend Boxing Day and any special traditions with this day."
Living in the USA we do not celebrate Boxing Day. I did check out what it is all about though. It seems that on December 26th ----
"the first week-day after Christmas-day, observed as a holiday on which post-men, errand-boys, and servants of various kinds expect to receive a Christmas-box". This box could contain a bonus and even food to take to celebrate with their families.
So, the day after Christmas has always been a quiet day to enjoy what we were to busy to notice on Christmas Day. We would usually have music playing and just relax and "pick" on the left overs ... no cooking no cleaning just relax. Of course before moving to the desert of Arizona there might have been snow to clear away when living in Rhode Island. Here we would probably enjoy a day sitting outside. One year we went for a hike on the trails of the White Tank Mountains wearing shorts and T-shirts. That quiet different for us coming from the cold climates.
Boxing Day is 23 days away.....what will you be doing?
For today I will finish my ornaments and listen to Christmas music...maybe Sinatra and Johnny Mathis and enjoy the package I received yesterday...I will show you tomorrow.
17 comments:
I'm visiting with the blog hop. I love hearing about different traditions. Thanks for sharing yours. Have a great holiday.
I like to do nothing.........christmas day is usually hectic so it's left overs and lazing around or sewing.......its a holiday here in Oz........
Is that a bit of rain in your festive picture? You are quite lucky to sit outside and enjoy yourself in December!! :D
Sounds like a perfect Boxing Day to me, Gracie. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Sitting outside in December seems like a wonderful thing! We like to rest the day after Christmas too.
Hi Gracie,
Visiting from the blog hop!
Sitting outside sounds like fun! Nice to hear how you spend your Boxing Day!
Have a Happy Christmas,
Barbara xx
We lived in Arizona for a few years (my son was actually born in Sierra Vista). I always loved the winters there, quite different from the winters I grew up with in Northern NY. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
I thought I commented yesterday! Ooops. Thanks for taking part this year. A relaxing day picking at leftovers sounds wonderful. We usually have turkey pickings on Boxing Day. But not sitting outside!
I am advent blog hopping too,Gracie.Boxing Day is a relaxing day,cold meats,salads anf just chilling.I have never sat outside on Boxing Day,it is always too cold and/or damp.
Thanks for doing the blog hop. I'm with you, boxing day will be very quiet!! But since live near Seattle it will probably be rainy and no sitting out in the sun!
You can find out what I'll be doing on Boxing Day tomorrow! (I'm up next.)
Another nice blog hop post, Gracie. December 26 is also a holiday here (we have two Christmas holidays) and has always been spent quietly - reading, music, crafting.
Hello! I'm visiting from Jo's blog. It's so nice to hear everyone's tradtions. A lovely warm day sitting outside sounds lovely. In reality here in NE England it will probably be windy and wet. I love your blog - it's full of lovely things.
Bonjour Gracie, nice to open your door and visit you with Jo's Advent Calendar. Send you warm wishes. Love. Joyeux Noël ! xxx
It seems that most people can get on board with the 'relaxing day' thing for the 26th. That's quite interesting :)
A nice relaxing day after Christmas, that's what I like! Although I do like the hiking idea, it just might be a little too cold for me here.
Happy Christmas, dear Gracie!
I have enjoyed my little visit today.
Post a Comment