Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Japanese Rice Bag

 

Japanese rice bags, also known as komebukuro, are traditional drawstring bags used to store rice. These bags are typically made from cotton or silk and are often beautifully decorated.

Recently I have become interested in the  art of Japanese crafting. I enjoy hand sewing actually more than machine at times. This is one side....The patches are stitched in the Boro style.




  This is the other decorative side. The bag is 4 sides and bottom of equal size. The end of the drawstring are origami tulip style. Rice bags are important for the Japanese New Year to hold offerings. back into the swinThe bags are believed to bring good luck and prosperity to the household. I chose to keep my stitching simple.
I know.... you are surprised at a post so soon. I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Glad you stopped by today. thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Thank you for your friendship.



9 comments:

Linda said...

Very interesting. Something I could easily get into but I'm already into too much!
Enjoy your evening!

Marilyn said...

Intersting & pretty!
Marilyn

Cynthia said...

Very pretty and interesting. Cynthia

Vickie said...

What a sweet bag you created Gracie. I never heard of these.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I love the bag..........so are you going to use it for rice or a sewing project???

WoolenSails said...

I love your bag, beautifully made. I really want to do more sewing this year, maybe even try making some clothes.

Debbie

Shelly said...

Very pretty! Hope you're doing well🙋🏻‍♀️

Pittoresque said...

That's a really pretty bag, I like the sentiment behind it too1

caine danett said...

I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who helped me in my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. I went to many hospitals for a cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was on the river side thinking where I could go to get a solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what was happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at :droriane6@gmail.com or call him or talk with him through whatsapp on +2349031652461