Thursday, April 20, 2023

Flowers and tea pots

 I know.! another post so soon. Well I just must show off one of the rose bushes in the Rose Garden


One bush... Fragrant Cloud is what the tag names it. We pick almost daily and the fragrance is unbelievable. There are so many buds waiting to catch some sun.
I keep at least 2 or 3 blooms in my bedroom. Today one from that bush and the pink from Chicago Peace
Tomorrow a yellow might be ready. Love having fresh flowers in the home. Sometimes though fabric ones appear
This is Hydrangeas from Fabled Flowers by Kumiko Sudo. I love Japanese origami flower folding and I have this book as well as her book Omiyage. I just made 2 dolls from that book and forgot to take pictures before giving them away.  I plan to make another and will be sure to take a photo.  Still trying to decide on the next fabric origami to do. 

For years my needles was busy with counted cross stitch. Now my interests have taken a turn to hand sewing as I did when I was a child. It is good to have more than one interest. I also finished


the Tea Pot table topper, except for the edging. The pattern called for bias binding edge. Finding the best color seems to be difficult. I may just do a hand stitched edge. For now it sits on the dining table. 

The Las Vegas adventure produced many pictures. So, I will add one when I post.

The three amigos wandering the streets of Vegas...l-r....me, Dianna and Marissa

Always nice to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your friendship.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Gracie, the roses look very nice. You mentioned that your interest has changed from cross stitch to hand stitching. I, at one time, was more into needlepoint than cross stitch, but I'm back to cross stitch again. I want to get more into sewing with the machine, but until I retire, I don't have the time to spend at the machine.

Stay well.

Cynthia

diamondc said...

Greetings Gracie: The flowers look beautiful, what a treat to be able to pick them daily.
I have never done Origami; your flowers are lovely.
The Tea Pot table topper is beautiful.
It is always nice to try new and different crafts.
Cute photo of you girls.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Lovely roses Gracie , I can smell them from here Ha .

Marilyn said...

Your Roses are gorgeous!
I picked some Hyacinths & the house smells wonderful.
Cute projects, love the Tea Pot mat.
Cute pic of you girls.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh how lovely your roses are! The origami hydrangea is beautiful. I love that Tea Pot table topper Gracie. Have a wonderful weekend!

Pittoresque said...

Your roses are stunning, your house must smell just divine!