March has arrived....cloudy with rain storm expected and no wind...yet. When I was a little girl, my sescond grade teacher ( a sister of Mercy at St. Mary's) taught ways to remember various things. Like the months have a subject. January snow, February hearts, March winds, etc. Here is my March banner for my bedroom door. Another hand stitched project. My plan is to make a Sun Bonnet Sue for each month.
She has shamrocks growing at her feet...also for March, St. Patrick's Day. Did you know that he really was not a saint and that his name was not Patrick? I watched the Curious Traveler and she was talking about it on the trip to Ireland. I realized that I had not posted my February Sue. She was part of a blog hop that I joined and it would have possibly tipped off the recipient who made it.


9 comments:
I see you have been a busy bee. Love your Bonnet Sue's. The tea pots look like fun. Big hugs have a great day. Lynda Ruth
Gracie, hope you are doing well. Love seeing your Sun Bonnets. What did you have for January? Looking forward to seeing your table mat of tea pots. Stay well.
The Sunbonnet Sues are darling. The teapots will look so cute!
I did know St. Patrick's history. And he is officially a Saint in the Orthodox Church. :)
Hi Gracie , Your sewing is amazing , I just love Sun bonnet Sue.
Hoping you are keeping well hugs June.
Love the Sunbonnet Sue's.
You have some cute projects going.
Happy March!
Marilyn
I am thankful to the author for the wonderful articles writes which provide valuable insight and useful knowledge.
Beautiful SunBonnet Sues both of them.
Catherine
The Sunbonnet girls are very cute! I like the monthly themes too, especially as St Patrick means nothing to an English person. I’d much rather go with kites and windy weather.
How cute are these! I had never seen March associated with kites though, those are more of an autumn thing for me. But looking outside, I guess it works!
Post a Comment