Goodness, time seems to have slipped away from me. While I have been among the missing, I managed to finish the flower quilt squares. I finally found the fabric for the backing squares and now to cut them as well as the flannel that will be in between front and back fabrics instead of batting, Update on Hank...he has adjusted well to living alone. He started with waking around 4am and spitting the pebbles in the bowl against the glass which makes a pin sound and of course wakes me. He is quiet during the day and hopefully will start to be quiet at night.
Yesterday was My Day...my birthday. The new number is 76... I know, sounds strange for me to say it. The other afternoon I sat and thought about all that has been during these years. Some sad, some uncomfortable to mention. There have been many more wonderful days thanks to Dennis. This year will mark 6 years.... another number. I received some lovely cards and birthday wishes and candy and flowers and a delicious edible arrangement and out for lunch with Dianna and Bobby. Alan and Lisa and I are going out for dinner on Monday evening. All in all it has been a lovely celebration. So nice to feel loved. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Most of all, thank you for your continued friendship. Quilt pictures next time around!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Gracie , I will be your age to in a few months .
And yes time flies, but we gain so much knowledge in those years , losing loved ones makes us stronger , and we can help others . We understand life so much
better, with the ups and downs that life brings us . Every one will go through the same things in life one day.
And we can be there for them.
Enjoy your weekend and hope you had a great day , hugs June.
Happy Birthday!!
Hank is too cute!
Can't wait to see the quilt.
Marilyn
So nice to see you again. I always feel.warm when I read your blog and I need the warmth right now as it is 16° here. Happy Birthday and I hope your recovery is proceeding nicely.
Happy Birthday to you.
Hank is funny.Have a great day Big Birthday hugs Lynda Ruth
A most blessed Birthday to you, Grace. Another year of becoming more loving and wiser. What a blessing to be surrounded by loved ones for the occasion. I look forward to seeing your latest quilt...you really have taken off with this lovely endeavor. I hope it brings you joy. Your
Hank sounds like he will be even more fun once he gets your clock memorized. Have a relaxing weekend.
Happy Birthday Dear Gracie! ð Hank is a sweet new friend. Enjoy your weekend!
Happy Birthday Gracie!!!
I hope you enjoyed your birthday.
Can't wait to see pictures of the completed quilt.
Stay well.
Happy Birthday Gracie: I had a birthday in January (72)
I hope you p[ost a photo of the quilt when finished.
2022 was a tough year for all, I hope 2023 is kinder to us all.
Hank knows how to wake you up for food very smart fish.
Have a wonderful dinner.
Catherine
Happy Belated Birthday, I do enjoy my visits here and hearing about what you’ve all been up to. So much has changed for you over the years but some has been good - Alan and Lisa moving to be with you is a highlight!
Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day with all your roommates, human or not!
Post a Comment