Thursday, June 30, 2022

Progress

 Our monsoon season has gotten a good start. Last night Lisa and Alan sat out on the porch watching the lightening show. We have had some rain, hopefully more soon to come. When I was living on the East Coast and it would rain, it was oh no. Living here in Arizona and it rains it is yeah...more. Such a difference.

Oh why not another added

"thing" for me...a boot to sleep in! This is to continue to stretch the heel. The surgery itself is almost heeled. I still cannot sleep the entire night in it as it hurts the heel. Imagine if you can, A sling on the right arm....a boot on the right foot.... I am the walking wounded! I am looking forward to the days of no soreness and the ability to do more.

The life of Murphy.... his spot on my our bed. If I can stay long enough from injuries and surgery, I will have Michelle the trainer return to work on a few things. Murphy has taken advantage of my limits.

My quilt is growing fast. Just 2 more rows for the width then it will be adding for length. I am so enjoying this project. I am thankful for the fabric sent to me and so far everyone is represented and it is repeat time for the windows of received and stash pieces. When I look at this quilt I smile and feel the friendship sewn in. Dianna and I continue our weekly sewing session. We sew...have lunch ... then sew again. We have known each other for almost 15 years! 

The House Faerie has not arrived so I guess I will be doing the swishing and fluffing. So nice to chat with you....thank you for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: So sorry the boot is giving you problems; I hope it comes off for good soon.
Murphy is adorable, he looks so content on the bed.
Beautiful quilt, I love the type of pattern you have chosen.
Stay healthy

Catherine

Cynthia said...

Quilt is looking really nice!! Sorry you're still having trouble with the boot. Sending you more healing hugs.

Heritage Hall said...

Oh Gracie, bless your heart with that one-sided existence.
But look at you, in spite of it all, you have managed to create a beautiful quilt while healing toward full recovery
and keeping Murphy comfortable in the process..Good for you. Have a wonderful holiday weekend ....

butterfly said...

Hope the boot goes soon then things will feel better .
Hubby and I were caught in a bad storm yesterday afternoon . We were socked our car was two miles away .
We had a laugh because it not I would be crying ha.
Enjoy your weekend.

Pittoresque said...

I spot one of my fabrics there on the quilt!
Hope you'll feel better soon. Can't get great sleep with all these gadgets attached to you!

Marilyn said...

I hope you are free of the boot & sling soon.
Your quilt is looking beautiful.
Murphy is too cute!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie, I would not be able to sleep like that either! I am sorry for you my friend. If I were you I would take a benedryl before bed to knock me out.
Murphy is so sweet.
Your quilt looks amazing!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Your quilt is getting big. I like it. Glad everyone gave you some fabric. You can call it a friendship quilt.
Hope you foot gets better soon.
Yes, dog's know when they can get away with things. Murphy is testing you. Back to school for him.
Have a great weekend. hugs Lynda Ruth

Vicki said...

Ugh, I would not like the boot at night, but if that's what it takes...
Your quilt is so gorgeous, Gracie! I am so far behind on blog reading. But I think of you as I drive past the back of your house on Bell. Quite frequently!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Poor you, you have been in the wars recently.
The quilt is looking beautiful as it grows.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post