Monday, May 9, 2022

New sewing tool....

 there is nothing more dangerous than a dull blade on the rotary cutter. Finally my blade was starting to skip. While in the quilt shop to buy a new blade I noticed . . .

an ergonomically Olfa cutter. Wow, it certainly is smooth and easy on my hand. Still cutting and will be cutting squares for some time so this will be great. 

It is growing... I sat outside on the lanai this morning sewing. Starting to warm up more so back instead.  The wind is pretty steady today. Also I wanted to cut a few more squares. I switch from doing one thing to another on the quilt so my hand gets a rest and my foot is propped up. 


 Sweet Lisa brought me tulips for Mother's Day. She is most thoughtful and I am lucky to have her around. We certainly have a lot of laughs.

I was asked if I still need  window squares....YES. I will be making at least 600 muslin squares. A block is 4 of them and in that block is 4 windows. Once connected to the next muslin square another window is added. Alan has  informed me I will need at least 2400.....and that is the low side! I think I will be in the fabric bin gathering some more fabric to cut.

Our rose garden is still blooming. We have 4 bushes and they are doing really well. The garden is looking so nice. A few things are in bloom and soon more will be. The bees will be very happy!

Okay, think I will rummage through the bin....

Glad you stopped to visit. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship....and the window squares!

                      Hello from Murphy!

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh look at Murphy all grown now .
Lovely quilt , and beautiful roses .
Enjoy your day hugs June.

Marilyn said...

That's going to be a beautiful quilt!
Your Roses are so pretty.
Hi Murphy!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Hello Murphy!
The quilt is looking gorgeous so far. I sent off some fabric squares for you in the post yesterday. :)

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Your quilt is looking great. love the roses. Murphy looks stern in that photo. I hope you have a nice day. hugs Lynda Ruth

Cynthia said...

The quilt is coming along nicely. Nothing like sitting on the lanai and sewing/stitching. Natural light is great. Stay well. Hello to Murphy!

diamondc said...

Greetings Gracie: You are Blessed to have Lisa and Alan with you and of course Murphy.
The flowers are lovely.
Your quilt is going to be beautiful.
You have made great progress.
It is nice to hear you have found a cutter that is easy to use.
The garden flowers are very pretty.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The new cutter looks great. If you're going to be cutting 2,400 of these, you need good tools!

Pittoresque said...

I still need to send those squares of to you, but I will soon! Glad you have fabric to keep you busy in the mean time.