A nice day so far....
This is the beauty of the Firecracker Bush in the winter. the leaves turn a beautiful bronze. The berries are gone as the birds came for them. Soon Alan will cut this back and in Spring it will begin all over again. It does not have to be cut back but it is easier to control the height and width this way. the garden is still with some bloom...
Mr. Lincoln is a rose for all time! It is still blooming and just look at the center of this rose..... like 3 roses in one! The fragrance is wonderful. I prefer not to have any bloom die on the bush instead I prefer to have them in a vase to be enjoyed. Somehow I can not seem to cut this one.
Today will be do very little day...not a good sleep and my aches are really painful today. Napping just may happen today. I wish you could smell this rose but at least you can admire it in all it's glory. Glad you stopped by to chat. Time for a second cup of coffee.
Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. Be kind to all today and share a smile. some of us have off days and need this.
5 comments:
I am smiling but the back pain is worse today. I should live in a warm place. Got a spare room. I love your firecracker bush and the Mr. Lincoln rose smells lovely. I would not cut it either. big hugs love Lynda Ruth more snow last night.
What a pretty bush, 7 the Rose is beautiful.
I hope you feel better soon.
Marilyn
I'm not familiar with Firecracker Bush, but it sure is pretty. I'll have to check to see if it blooms in our area. And the Rose.........WOW, it's gorgeous.
Sandy's Space
I grew the Lincoln rose at one of our homes, and I loved it!
I am praying for you my dear friend. xoxo
Thanks for sharing this beautiful rose with us!
Post a Comment