Once again I have joined in Jo's annual event. Each event we are given a topic. This year is our tree. When I was living in Rhode Island we always cut down a tree...loved the real tree. Here in Arizona it is an artificial one. I try to get it up the first week of December. Last year Lisa and I did it on Thanksgiving night. It is wonderful to remember each ornament as it is hung. Lisa decorated our tree this year...I watched then added a few special ones. Some ornaments remain behind some always are hung. The top of our tree has the angel that I bought the first Christmas without Denny. Getting back to real trees...one year after we got the tree home and in the stand it was soooo big, we had to wire it to the window frame. Another year a lovely birds nest came home in the tree. Thankfully no critters!
This is my offering for the hop...a cardinal. It is special as it was a bird we had always visiting us back in RI...not here in Arizona. It was a favorite of Dennis' and today happens to be his birthday. He is celebrating with the angels but I celebrate him in my heart everyday. This is a lovely cardinal figurine
that he bought that sits by his resting place. A few of these cardinals will be flying elsewhere soon along with a few owls and maybe .... well time will tell. Thank you Jo for allowing me this day of the hop.Thank you for visiting. Don't forget to go visit all the others at Jo's blog.
(The Cardinal is from Holiday Crafts 2021, designed by Kelli Rinta)
18 comments:
Your cardinal is beautiful! They are also one of my favorite birds! We feed them year round here in Alabama. Merry Christmas! Hugs,
He is beautiful. Happy Heavenly Birthday to Dennis. We are trying to make the best of a terrible time. Christmas will be very quiet. I'm sure you know what it's like. 💓
Gracie: Your Cardinal is lovely, the one Dennis bought is so pretty, I bet he is celebrating his birthday with the angels.
Happy Birthday Dennis.
We put up a small tree right now due to the puppy likes to eat everything, maybe next year a big one.
Merry Christmas
Catherine
Merry Christmas dear cousin...love the cardinal...thoughts of Dennis and although your heart is broken...I pray for moments of reflection that makes you smile...🥰
Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year. I am glad I was able to give you this special date. The cardinal is lovely, such a bright cheerful colour!
Your cardinal is beautiful. It's not a bird that we see here in Australia, but it is such a festive looking bird that I wish they did visit us. I have enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!
The Cardinal is so pretty.
It was a favorite of my Mom.
Happy Heavenly Birthday to Denny.
Marilyn
Thank you for sharing your memories and your stitching.
It's nice you have special ornaments each with a different memory or meaning. I like that about old fashioned trees. We have things that remind of us of where we traveled, special events in our lives, and that of our daughter. I'm the only one in the family that still get's a real tree, the rest all have the artificial artsy stylish trees. They have no meaning to me; but they all like the modern interior decorator type. My niece never even let the kids help decorate their tree. No cute handmade items from school. I always think that's rather sad. I do remember when we were young Mom might suggest we move this one over there to have things balanced; but she did let us do lots of it. Good memories.
Sandy's Space
Such a pretty Cardinal with its festive colouring. Merry Christmas.
Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dennis! Your cardinal is so pretty. I've seen the real ones up here in the mountains. Merry Christmas!
Lovely Cardinal with this amazing red Christmas color. Good idea for one of my tiny felt sweater maybe. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! Love. xxx
Thank you for sharing your tree stories with us, I do love the cardinals.
What cute cardinals! I do love them and it's always a treat to see one now that we too are in Arizona and you only see them up north! Though I think I've seen them at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum-have you ever been there? Merry Christmas!
I do love cardinals ... they are so handsome and perky! I enjoyed reading your post and shared memories. Merry Christmas to you! :)
The perfect day for you to have! Your cardinal is lovely and I do love to see them here, especially when it snows.
Happy Christmas!
It was lovely to read your happy memories, Gracie.
The Cardinal is such a pretty bird, very Christmassy, a bit like our Robins in the UK.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas.
Barbara x
You're cardinal is lovely!
Post a Comment