Finally sat at the sewing/craft table. What should have taken maybe an hour took much longer. My hand is still not flexible..... dexterity is limited still.
It is looking so good but the scab/dry skin around the incision is sore and causing stiffness. the good news is that I started therapy Wednesday. I will have 4 weeks and home exercises....6 of them to do daily. When out and about I will wear a cotton hand sleeve to protect it.
So what about the project?
A Continuous needle and thread holder..... design by Carolyn Foley.
The pouch area (where the needle threader is) holds a spool of thread and on the felt are 5 threaded needles. When you want to use one, simply take out the needle and just pull the thread through and cut off where you ned it leaving the other 4 needles threaded. Now, when needing more thread, instead of threading the needle repeat by pulling out the next needle and continue sewing. Put the first needle back on the felt. the only time to re-thread is when all needles are empty. Nifty....right.
A Yo-yo is sewn to each side as the piece is rolled and secured. I definitely will be making some to send off here and there. Maybe now with the therapy and stretching the hand I will be able to be creative again sooner than not.A few weeks ago Lisa and I were talking about rings. Specifically that we each wanted a thumb ring. Alan chimed in with ...."okay, go and get them". Well you did not have to tell us twice!
We bought them and they needed to be sized. Mine came in but we are still waiting for Lisa's. I will show hers as soon as it is on her finger. Meantime, I love wearing mine. Alan spoils us. The rose garden is doing well. One day they will all bloom at the same time. This is Chicago Peace Rose. Hard to see but it has a tinge of yellow with the pink. Glad you visited and chatted today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
10 comments:
Glad to see your hand is coming along nicely. Keep up with your therapy and you'll be fine. Love the needleroll. Stay well.
Your hand looks like it's healing well.
What a cute, useful project!
The ring & the rose are so very pretty.
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn
Keep at the therapy Gracie. That is a nice project you completed. :)
Wow! Way to go Alan!! :) Love the ring.
What a beautiful rose.
Your hand looks to be healing nicely. Very cute sewing pouch!
New hand, new ring, new yo-yo and new rose. Wow lots of goodies. Now, I am glad your hand is getting better. Great idea the yo-yo thread pouch. Pretty ring and I love the yellow pink rose. Hugs and have a great weekend. Lynda Ruth
Glad your hand is healing! Love the thumb ring!! Where did you find it? Can't wait to see Lisa's!
Peace roses are my favorite!!
Gracie: I am excited you were able to sit and sew, what a great feeling it must be, the sewing bag is beautiful, I like the yoyo with button so much.
I hope your soreness goes away very soon.
Therapy is a good idea, even doing some at home.
Your ring is beautiful, Alan must be the best brother in the world.
cCtherine
Glad so see you sewing again! That really is a pretty nifty idea - I might need to make one like this!
What a genius idea! It would be very useful for people with vision issues as some one could thread all five needles and then leave them to it.
Glad that your hand is starting to heal too.
I must have missed what surgery you had on your hand, and hope things improve for you soon. Therapy is so necessary for so many issues, and sadly many people don't follow through with it and than have issues. So you be good and get all the therapy you can. Your needle project turned out nicely. And the flower...........so pretty.
Sandy's Space Do swing by for a visit.
Post a Comment