Friday, April 9, 2021

New project

 Oh goodness the winds yesterday afternoon brought leaves from all over the neighborhood into the garden! One benefit was the music from the many chimes in our garden. Yesterday Lisa became a Privilege Card Holder so that she can use the Rec centers. We came back home and began the sorting and organizing for the upcoming project...

This is the flannel we bought so far to begin. I love when you enter a good quilt shop and everything in a collection is set up for  easy coordinating. At this point all of Lisa's items are cut and now she will coordinate trimmings. It is fun teaching her sewing and she is doing really well.

Alan received his 2nd vaccine yesterday and today does not feel well. Lisa did well after her 2nd shot. the good news is that by the end of April we three will be protected. I should say as protected as we can be. Still wearing our masks and being careful when out.

Our temps are still in the 90s and it is no longer easy to walk barefoot in the garden which is laid with brick pavers...they get very hot. Murphy knows enough to walk along the house which has some shade and not hot on his feets. Today I have stopped giving him the Benedryl. He is not gnawing or licking constantly. We shall see what happens. The large curio in the living room is still empty...need a good push... just being lazy. So far I am learning more on using my laptop. I know, it is just a portable computer, but when you are years used to a desk top and the keyboard and stuff, but Alan is a good teacher and patient with me. I have learned to upload pictures! This HP has bells and whistles to learn. 

I want to update you on my lovely niece Tonya. Yesterday was a surgery day and she did very well. All your good thoughts and prayers have definitely helped. thank you from the bottom of my heart. I should be swishing and fluffing in the laundry area, should be doing this and that. I think I would rather organize my bookcase  storage area so I can find things when needed. Glad you had some time to share with me. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

Note to self: try to remember where delete and back space keys are.

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Gracie, so good to hear that you and your family are safely vaccinated.

Vicki said...

I enjoy hearing about the projects you and Lisa are working on. You girls are so creative!

Vickie said...

I am so glad that Tonya is doing well. I am praying for her.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good news about the vaccinations! I use my laptop all the time, i don't think the keyboard is much different to the PCs the boys have or we have at work. Now I have to go and check!
The only thing I cannot do is use a built-in mousepad. I have to have a proper external mouse.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I love hearing that Lisa is learning to sew, it is never too late to learn, I am looking forward to seeing the fabric sewn up, nice choice of colors and patterns.
It is good news about your niece, I hope she recovers quickly.
It is still chilly here but am sure the dogs will not want walks when the sun is up this summer.
We have chimes I love hearing them in the wind, such a beautiful sound.
Have a lovely week

Catherine

Pittoresque said...

I'm glad you all got your second vaccine now! It's such a relief to have the extra protection.

Tiffstitch said...

Enjoy your day! We had some nice days in the 70s and 80s, but we're dropping back down to the 40s this weekend. Boo...

Sun City Stitcher said...

Always fun to start something new!