Monday, November 23, 2020

Not lost!

 Goodness, time has just passed me by. I have not been idle, no not at all. First, I hope all is well in your home. We are doing fine. Our weather has finally cooled. Murphy is enjoying having the sliders open and pushes through the Magic Screen to go in and out. His favorite place after patrolling the garden is on the glider.

Did you miss me? The days just seem to fly...most of the time. Still wearing a mask when out, still keeping distance actually only out with a purpose. Are you ready for Thanksgiving dinner? We are going unconventional this year. No turkey! Instead we are having an Italian antipasti, fresh fruit, and Lasagna. I will bake a fresh French Country loaf which will go perfectly with the dinner. 

With all the negativity and sheltering in and masks, I said to Alan I can not wait to put out the Christmas cheer around here. "Go ahead"...so Lisa and I started and all is cheerful around here. Lights everywhere....and gifts on the mantel. The mantel you ask? Where else so that Murphy does not attack the gifts! Will take pictures to post. I have also been at the craft table.

I needed a felt Murphy for the tree.  Simple but cute. I also made a Christmas pillowcase finally...
I was not crazy about the fabric but once sewn I do like it. The fabric was a pre-cut package from the quilt shop. The other sewing I can not show until they are received....today and tomorrow they should be delivered. 
I saw these on Pinterest....
They are just tea lights. I put earmuffs and will try a top hat also. Even when not lit they are cute.  There is one more ornament that will be finished today....another Pinterest idea.
Guess I should take care of a few chores. Finish my  food shopping list and craft list. I spent hours looking for my hole punch....it is MIA! 
Nice to have you visit today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.


8 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Gracie....it's been some time I've visited your blog ....but I always it when I do. I love your craft projects...a felt Murphy soooo cute...very nice pillowcase and I laughed at the tealight Snowman... something I would attempt to make! Glad you've started decorating. It really does lift the mood....I'm getting started too.
Spending the holidays just the 2 of us....praying for this to pas and we get the numbers down so we can resume some form of "normal" life.
Enjoy....love you ❤

Rose Marie said...

Murphy's ornament is sooo cute! You and Lisa are very talented. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hv some Lasagna for me! Love, Auntie and Uncle

Vickie said...

What a different Thanksgiving you are having! Why not?! I LOVE the Murphy ornament!! The pillowcase is great!

Vicki said...

It's so good to hear from you, glad you're all doing ok. Everything on your blog today is my favorite... the Murphy ornament, the pillowcase, the tealight ornaments, they're all fun and festive! Happy Thanksgiving!

butterfly said...

Lovely post Gracie ,love the Murphy ornament so cute .
We have started to decorate , we need some fun .
Take care and safe .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your felt Murphy, it really does look like him!
I am glad that you are keeping safe and looking forward to Christmas too.
I'll make a start when we get into December.

engaztop2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pittoresque said...

Felt Murphy is very cute! What does the real Murphy say to his felt alter ego?