Sunday, October 11, 2020

A sad day

 Very early this morning, our mom who I call EvaP, passed away quietly. Many of  you were so helpful when she went into the nursing home by sending her cards and letters. It did help her adjust. She really enjoyed receiving them. 

Mom was a lady who loved to travel back in the day and visited several countries and Islands. She loved living the 11 years in Florida and going to Disney often. EvaP would have been 94 this December.

We will not be having any service at this time due to the Covid-19 issues. Brother Alan, sister Lyn and I thank you for the attention you gave to EvaP.

16 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am so sorry to hear that. She had a long and full life, I am sure she was happy that you and Alan are taking care of each other.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

So so sorry to hear about your Mom, I know she is with Denny now and they can both watch over you, Alan,Lyn and Lisa together. Sorry you can't have a funeral. This virus ruins everything. My prayers are with you all. I am sending a very big, big hug and love to you all. Take care my friend. Lynda Ruth

Rose Marie said...

Gracie, I'm so sorry for your loss. She lived a long and happy life. Hugs to you all.

Denise said...

Mothers are so very special and hard to lose.
Many thoughts and prayers to you and your
family.

diamondc said...

Dearest Gracie: I am so sorry for your loss, it will be easier having your brother and sister in law with you in this time of loss.
My heart sends many hugs your way.

Catherine

Michele Inman said...

So very sorry for the loss of your mother.

Vickie said...

The Secrets of Midwives-Part08 1:04:09 Sally Hepworth/Alison Larkin The Secrets of Midwives Audiobook

butterfly said...

So sorry for your loss ,your mother sounded a lovely lady .
She was a very good age and sounds like she lived her lift to the fullest.
Bless her .

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!

dianne said...

i grieve with you ... i will miss my penpal

Lelia said...

So sorry for your loss

Unknown said...

So very sorry Grace for your loss 💔

Vicki said...

My deepest sympathy to you all, Gracie.

Cynthia said...

Gracie, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom. Sending my sympathies and prayers to you and your family at this time.

Nancy Richard said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom Grace for your loss ! I didn't know till I just seen your Facebook post to take me to your blog. Think at one time she had come to Cherry Hill Manor when we had worked together. I seem to remember her somehow....She lived a nice long life. May she rest well. <3
Stay well Grace !

I don't use this gmail much, so you know i'm on Facebook, or Nar0705@yahoo.com

Pittoresque said...

I'm so sorry to hier that, Grace :( I do hope you'll have time and room to grieve and properly say goodbye once all this has calmed down a bit.