Saturday, June 20, 2020

I don't like John Wayne

Another hot day today expected -- low 100s. Murphy and I try to walk before 10am and although still very warm it is better than later when it is hot. We generally walk around 7pm when the sun has begun to set enough to give us shade along the walk. Right now he was trying to be with Alan and Lisa as both are getting ready to go to work but are in different areas... so he is under the desk while I am here.
Went for the CT Scan yesterday. I was in and out in 15 minutes. The doctor will have results by Tuesday. When we finished there, Lisa and I went to the quilt store where of course we found just the right fabric for her to make her last 2 pillowcase gifts and I found
I love the yellow print and as I said I never liked John Wayne but Alan does so I made this one for him. The cuff is really nicely printed with him. It is hard to see but the trim is a "wood" grain print. I also found just the right prints for my apron. Hope to work on that today.
You would think with all this heat the garden would have issues.... only a few plants are not happy. Just look at the Mr Lincoln Rose..

It keeps sending out roses and now is taller than Alan who reaches around 5"8" ! There are buds here and there waiting to show-off. I chose this rose in memory of Denny..it will be 3 years tomorrow that he is gone. So happy to have roses for that day.
Chores await me. That House Fairy  did not come today so I better get to the tasks at hand. Glad you stopped by today. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your friendship.

5 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I am so glad you won't be alone tomorrow. Can't believe it's 3 years tomorrow. time flies. I know he is watching you from heaven and is glad you have Alan and Lisa to be with you now. It's not fun to live alone when you have spent most of your life with someone special and now he's gone. But one day way in the future you two will be reunited and the after life will be better. I do believe there is one, I have had many a dream of my dad and grand parents. Not allot of mom but a few. Some dreams are the same and I try to figure them out. Not an easy task but one day I will. Stay out of the heat. I had a very hard time sleeping last night. Too hot. Did not get up until 1.00 p.m.Dave woke me and say he was going to mow the lawn would I like to get up. I had a shower then washed the bedding, loaded the dishwasher, watered my two gardens and am not making bread and bagels. Dose that make up for sleeping in. Hope so. Big hugs love to all. Be safe.

Vickie said...

I am amazed that you and Murphy are able to get out and walk at all! The Lincoln rose is fantastic! I owned one at our old home. Loved it!

Julie said...

A pretty rose and so lovely it has blooms on today on Dennis' anniversary.
Love and blessings to you today and always dear Gracie

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Those darn house fairies are taking a vacation here also.
I do like the yellow fabric, I am a big fan of John Wayne, not sure why, I did visit his boyhood home in Iowa many years ago, very modest home.
Your roses are beautiful.

Catherine

Pittoresque said...

A John Wayne print fabric? Well now I've seen everything!