Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Frost on the pumpkin....

I meant ice in the fountain...
The weather forecast did say a frost warning. The moving water did keep it from freezing altogether. It will quickly melt with the warmth of the sun.
A wonderful birthday celebration last night.
Alan, Lisa and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, Arrowhead Grille. We enjoyed Filet Mignon and veggies and wine and then my birthday Crème Brule complete with candle and champagne. A great way to welcome #73. Thank you all for your birthday wishes, cards and emails.
I think our smiles tell it all...happy and enjoyable evening.



On Sunday Alan trimmed bushes in the garden with his able assistant. Murphy loves brooms. Alan managed to do a great job despite having a helper. Then came the time to hose down the pavers... and Murphy and that meant I got to wrap him in a towel...
it was a struggle to dry him... actually to try. He fought me all the time. He had fun and I know Alan did too. I supervised! So glad I no longer have to contend with yard work. We have been enjoying our kitchen garden tomatoes... nothing like picking them fresh.
Shortly, both Alan and Lisa will leave for work and Murphy and I will just relax. Actually, I will be cutting out my French Rose flowers. Happy to visit with you. Thank you for your kind words and  for your friendship.

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

Gracie, a Happy belated Birthday to you!! Looks like you had a nice celebration.

Julie said...

A lovely photograph representing this years birthday. I haven't have crème brulee for such a long time, I might have to remedy that.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Did Murphy take the photo of the three of you guys in the restaurant. What great photo's. You all look so happy and it's about time you got some sunshine in your life. I bet it was a struggle to towel Murphy. What a doll.

Gracie come over to my blog and read what I wrote. I need a prayer or too. big hugs my friend. I wish for you lots of sunshine in the rest of your long life to come. Big, big birthday hugs. love Lynda Ruth

Shelly said...

Looks like a good time was had. Nice to have someone do your yard work for you! It's going to be colder tonite and you might have to cover your tomato plant. Enjoy the sunshine!

diamondc said...

Happy Birthday Gracie: I can see you and Alan look very much alike.
I think it is a hoot to see Murphy updates.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful way to celebrate your Birthday!
The fountain looks rather good with the ice but I think you'll be pleased when the day warms up a little bit.

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie your hair has grown so nicely. The waves look so pretty on you! You look great! I can tell you have lost some weight my dear! You look so happy! The picture of you trying to dry Murphy is so funny. ;)

goodwitch said...

Gracie let me know if you get this post.

Glenda

butterfly said...


Happy Birthday , looks like you had a nice meal .
Have fun.

Vicki said...

Sounds like your birthday celebration was very special! I'm loving the antics of Murphy, and the obvious joy he's bringing you.

Sandy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Birthday Celebration. You've made me hungry with the tales of your meal. The Birthday plate is gorgeous. What a nice job they did with decorating it with berries and words!! Had to laugh at the drying picture. Glad you're freeze didn't last and ruins anything. Swing by for a visit. Sandy's Space

Pittoresque said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday celebration!
Seeing a frozen fountain was a surprise, though, I didn't think it got that cold where you live!