Sunday, October 13, 2019

On the road..day 1

It's finally arrived! The day The Brother Alan and Lisa start the drive from Rhode Island to Arizona. The text from Lisa said it was a beautiful day … more ways than one for sure.

The route they will drive is very much like what Denny and I drove 15 years ago. I will wait for timely updates as they travel. Please keep them in your thoughts for a safe journey coming home.
I twisted my knee just a little yesterday working in the garage up and down the step ladder but it is finally ready for their storage items. I have a large donation box ready for the pick up on Wednesday and of course a large trash bag for Tuesday pickup. I had thought about working in the garden today as it is a little cloudy which makes for good raking weather but think a day of rest is better. Finally cooler temps have arrived. As long as the wind stays calm, maybe sitting outside to do some beading would be nice. At the moment I think an English muffin with peanut butter and a glass of OJ is in order. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a travel update. Thank you for your kind words ad for your friendship.
Don ad Glenda update: it was so good to see ad chat a few minutes with Don the other day. He is doing okay. Continued good thoughts for them please.

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Now all you have to do is relax until they arrive. They will have a great drive out. Hope your knee is better soon. Relax and enjoy the cooler weather. Big hugs

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm so happy for you Grace, how long will it take them to drive to you.

Rose Marie said...

I am so excited for you!

Vickie said...

Just look at Lisa's smile!! I can't wait for them to arrive! So happy for you all! Take good care of yourself now Gracie. No mishaps!!

butterfly said...

So exciting for you Gracie.
Enjoy the wait and don't over do it , hugs.

Vicki said...

I'm so excited that they're on their way!
Gracie, I keep meaning to ask you, do you have a favorite bead shop locally?

Pittoresque said...

How exciting! I am totally clueless as to how far they have to travel and how long it'll take, so I don't know if they have arrived yet, but I'll continue reading your updates until I do :)