Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Busy is busy

Goodness, it is a very chilly morning. The temp is reading at 50 outside....I have socks on my feet! The sun will hopefully get things warmed up outside. Yesterday the Kitchen Garden was finished... at least for now.
The large planter has a patio tomato and parsley with the mum. The smaller planter has chives and basil with the petunias.
The 2 year old oregano was moved just a bit over to make room. In the Spring I will plant another vine for the archway to the left of the oregano.
There is a small plater of mint...not going to put it into the ground where it will take over the garden!
Right next to it is a special plat...a Mr. Lincoln Rose. It was a favorite rose for me and Denny. So in his memory there is one in the garden that he loved  and took care of daily. For now this completes the Kitchen Garden.
This fuchsia plant is Dragons Breath in the cobalt planter it looks great. As it fill out, if there is room I will add a small plant I the front.
Do you remember the huge rosemary plat that did not make the move to another garden spot? This is a replacement...starting small as the other did because if it takes off it will need the room.
That is what was accomplished yesterday. Today is a new day.... but I will make it a relaxing day. I am sure it will warm up and the sitting outside is the plan.

9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Was missing you, glad to see the kitchen garden is finished. Yes, mint will take over if you let it. Big hugs. How are the room mates doing. Glad you are not alone anymore. Big hugs to Alan and Lisa.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the kitchen garden, it will smell delightful too.
Lovely to see a rose for Denny in there.

Vickie said...

The garden looks great Gracie! We had snow overnight. ;)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Gracie hope it warms up for you and wow what beautiful plants your garden looks amazing,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

goodwitch said...

Everything looks great Gracie....Good job!

butterfly said...

Great job on your garden it's looking fab .
Enjoy your day .

Pittoresque said...

I'm sure working in the garden is more fun now that there are more people helping!

Sandy said...

We've dipped well below 50 recently. Mostly high 30's and low 40's lately, though last night it was freezing, only 32 and we had lots of frost this am. Nothing left blooming or growing outside so I really enjoy your beautiful gardens. You have quite a green thumb.
Sandy's Space

Julie said...

Looks beautiful