Saturday, September 7, 2019

Santa and his Burro

I am getting tired of this heat…. I am ready for the below 100s they say we will have next week.... feeling will be believing. We are still in the excessive heat warning time frame. I know, there are those in hurricane path and heavy rains, but I am here and this is what Arizona is like until October-ish. For me, it means waking with a light headache most days and not wanting to go anywhere. A lazy kind of feeling.
But.... Santa is finished!
Isn't he adorable… and the burro too.  Love all the beads. Of course I did make some changes. 
Instead of long and short stitches on the mane and brow and tail, I made fringe and fluff. I think he looks better this way. Santa has a belt and buckle of silver beads.
The sleeve and bottom of the jacket I also made fringe instead of the long and short stitches. On the cactus, I omitted the long stitches which would be the prickly part … Love the bead flower. Most of the trimming of the perforated paper is done but I will tweak it once I add the felt backing and a loop to hang him on the tree. Just look at those fancy boots!
Now I will think about what is next.  I do know that what will be soon is The Brother Alan and Lisa arriving around the 3rd week of October.... you did remember right? Still need to get a few things ready before they arrive.... making room for storage they will need.  Their room is set and closet half full already. They left clothes each time they came out! The moving pod will arrive when they do and Bobby offered to help Alan unload. Dianna, Lisa and I will drink iced tea and supervise. We will make a party out of it. Since we will need to put a few things on the lanai until we move things inside around, I will be sure to get that all sparkling clean. The weather should be cooler by then too. 
Well, on to chores; swishing and fluffing and the Shark will swim around the abode. So glad we chatted. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
Asking a favor…. please keep Dianna's real sister Debbie in your thoughts as she is not feeling well at this time.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

This is just precious! I love it Gracie! Well done.

Debbie said...

Beautiful finish Gracie!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Santa and his burro look great. Yes, soon the brother will be there. We are getting the rain and wind from the tale end of hurriane Dorion. We plan to stay home all weekend and inside. Took our usual Sunday drive with Camy yesterday evening and had supper out. Big huggs

goodwitch said...

I guess it must have slipped your mind on our offer to help with pod.
That's ok I get it.

Mary said...

I just love your cowboy and burro!! The fringe idea was so clever!! I hope it cools for you, especially for Brother Alan's visit.

Lelia said...

Nice changes on your project. Awesome finish. Enjoy preparing for October.

Shelly said...

Santa and his burro turned out great! It has been hot and I'm weary of it. This morning though, I had to put on sweatpants and socks! A sign of things to come and I can't wait. I really hope those headaches disappear when it cools off. Stay cool, Gracie!

Vicki said...

I LOVE Santa and his burro - they both have so much personality! I'm with you, Gracie, I've just about had it with the hot temps. I'm more than ready for us to get down to just "warm". What is it with A/Cs this year? Ours has gone out twice in the past month. I have two friends (now three counting you) that have had A/C issues...
Alan and Lisa will be here before you know it!

Sandy said...

Santa is cute! And the cactus part etc so appropriate for your area. Sorry you're still dealing with the heat. If you're waking with a headache, maybe you're a bit dehydrated? Might help you to drink some gatorade...it has more electrolytes than water. Sounds like you're making good headway with getting ready for the visit.

Sandy's Space

Pittoresque said...

Santa's little friend is adorable! I love the fluff you added.

beadgirl said...

Nice. The fringe on the burro definitely looks better than stitches would have. Especially that cute tail!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Santa! I love his burro too.