Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Get the ice pack!

A very grey day... with the sun peeking out now and again. They are saying another storm is coming... oh happy day or should I say night. Just a wait and see. The other night the thunder was right overhead and I was ready for the closet! I am building a boat.
Yesterday I did the follow up with the doc ad nothing much has changed so a full 4 vial of blood for the lab work up.
It started out okay, but as I was dehydrated the vein actually pushed the needle out! I heard the pop and felt it. So to the left arm she went and I literally sat drinking a bottle of water while she did. Anyway, I am being tested for anything and everything so hopefully we will get some answers. In the meantime the ice pad is out and will be all day.
Earlier today... at 7:30 I went to the DMV to get the new registration tag for the coming year for the car. It took 6 minutes. Walk in, up to the self serve machine, scan bar code from mailing, insert payment and voilà out pops the tag for the license plate. All in 6 minutes. I am lucky that I live  3 miles from the place...It took longer to get dressed and drive there.
I have been taking it easy but of course there is always time to stitch.
The next dragonfly ….. One more colored bead to add to this wing then onto the next top wing. Not a difficult project at all. I may eventually make one using my own colors.
I do not hear any sounds coming from the laundry area so that means the swishing is finished and time to dry. So off I go. So nice to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind words ad for your friendship.
***Another day closer to the arrival!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the colors on the new dragonfly! Ugh, your insertion site looks uncomfortable. How long do you have to wait for your results? Let me know when you get the ok to do lunch. Enjoy this cool weather!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

That bruise looks awful sore. I just got back from the doctor's office, had to make an emergency call Monday. My left ear is so swollen shut, I can not here out of it. The doctor could not even get her ear probe into my ear it is so bad. Now I have drops and pills to take and go she her next Friday. Hope this clears up. I can't hear a thing. My right ear is not as good as before because of the wax that stuck to the ear drum. It caused some hearing loss. so now I am not hearing at all. Good thing Dave has these spare hear aids he got at the store and I can get one in my right ear. No way in the left. Boy, what we have to go thru in life when we get old. I am coming back as a cat next time and being pampered all my 9 lives. Big hugs

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sorry you have such a bruise on the cubital of your arm, ouch.
I see another butterfly coming to life, your beads should be there today or tomorrow.

Hugs
Catherine

Pittoresque said...

That looks painful! I hope you're doing okay. Great start on the new dragonfly!

Shelly said...

Ouch, that looks awful! I had to laugh at your comment that you're building a boat! It was a nice rain we had after our non-existent monsoon. The dragonfly is looking pretty. Have a very nice weekend Gracie!

Rose Marie said...

Looks so sore. I hv the same problem with bloodwork. Arnica gel helps. LOVE the dragonfly!