Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday Stars.....

The humidity continues and will  until September.... so my days a slow and indoors. I really miss sitting in the garden. I miss having a clean garden! Last Thursday I decided to clip just some of the Fountain grass which was falling all over the place and then toss out the trash for Friday pick-up. I took just a few minutes but spent the next couple of days in total body itch. No matter what I used to wash and shampoo, I wanted to climb out of my skin. I think the heat was the problem.... this is a grass that has been in the garden for many years so it is unlikely that I am allergic to it. So, for now all is a mess out there and will remain so. They say a cool down is coming next week... below 100!
Although this season the heat is bothering me most days, I did make  more Origami Christmas stars. Where the other 4 are more simple and plain, these fabrics have more shine to them. The picture does not really show how the gold looks. Pretty for sure. My gift pod is finished and today I think I will work on the Mill Hill Southwest Santa. This will be the second one to my collection. I also have another special gift ornament to make.... just not sure how I want to do it. Fabric is sitting on my work table waiting for inspiration. This heat does not speak Christmas!
Nice to have you stop by and visit. The late post is due to the computer keyboard still typing as it sees fit...even when I type so slow and deliberate! Anyway, thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. Seems to be an iced water kind of day.

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Gracie, your origami stars are just wonderful! I don't think there is anything you can't do well. We'll ignore the keyboard problems! I think you are in good company when it comes to computer stuff. I went to the library to type up a resume and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to use the Microsoft Word program to do it! It's been awhile since I've used a PC as I use an iPad and an old one at that. Yay for the cool down next week. I really wish the humidity would go away. Happy Sunday!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hi Gracie, You want to cool down have a look at my blog. It hailed yesterday and I got the photo's to prove it. Love your origami stars, so sparkly. Stay in the cool house and not in the heat. It is cooler today from yesterday's rain and hail storms. It has been so humid and hot. big hugs.

butterfly said...

I love your stars , so pretty.
Stay cool , here we had storms .
Have a great week.

Marula Michela said...

Stupende queste stelline , sei molto brava.

Vickie said...

Yes, we had fountain grass at our home and when we trimmed it, it made me itch too. I wonder why? Love your stars Gracie!

RJ said...

Oh my those stars are so very pretty Gracie. Stay cool..it is so hot here in Florida too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Julie said...

Nice shiny stars

Pittoresque said...

The stars are beautiful! Please do take things slowly. I'm sure your garden will be need and tidy again soon, but you being healthy is more important!