When the temp at 5am is already reading 89, you just know that it will be a hot day..... they say 111, we shall feel it for sure. Feeling it to be a slow do nothing kind of day. Once I fill the front birdbath and the both hummer feeders that will be the extent of outdoor fun.
Voilà, all the beading is complete. Now to think how to finish it. So many beads! I will check Hobby Lobby for a square frame.... this is abut 5x5. Next will be a couple of Christmas beaded pods for gifts. I also have a Mill Hill kit for a Santa.... for my tree that I would like to get made. Today will be a rest day for my hand and eyes.
The Pond Garden is under going another change. It would appear that I cannot plant in it because the water will not drain nor evaporate quickly enough. What I did not take into consideration is that it is a cement pond...so therefore no drainage. If I want it to be a garden it will require a jack hammer to break up the cement... not going to happen. So, it will be an ornamental garden. Some pots and maybe a few other items.
Today is July 1st and also Canada Day. To my dear friends, Debbie and Laurie in Canada, enjoy the celebration. Time is moving right along so that means one month less in the count down to The Brother Alan's arrival in October.
Well now, I think another cup of coffee is in order and maybe something to munch. So nice to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind and caring words and thank you for your friendship.
Please keep my friend Glenda in your thoughts as she just had foot surgery. I know what you are thinking...she was here for tea and Pizzelles on Wednesday and surgery on Friday but rest assured, there is no connection with my tea and Pizzelles!
Voilà, all the beading is complete. Now to think how to finish it. So many beads! I will check Hobby Lobby for a square frame.... this is abut 5x5. Next will be a couple of Christmas beaded pods for gifts. I also have a Mill Hill kit for a Santa.... for my tree that I would like to get made. Today will be a rest day for my hand and eyes.
The Pond Garden is under going another change. It would appear that I cannot plant in it because the water will not drain nor evaporate quickly enough. What I did not take into consideration is that it is a cement pond...so therefore no drainage. If I want it to be a garden it will require a jack hammer to break up the cement... not going to happen. So, it will be an ornamental garden. Some pots and maybe a few other items.
Today is July 1st and also Canada Day. To my dear friends, Debbie and Laurie in Canada, enjoy the celebration. Time is moving right along so that means one month less in the count down to The Brother Alan's arrival in October.
Well now, I think another cup of coffee is in order and maybe something to munch. So nice to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind and caring words and thank you for your friendship.
Please keep my friend Glenda in your thoughts as she just had foot surgery. I know what you are thinking...she was here for tea and Pizzelles on Wednesday and surgery on Friday but rest assured, there is no connection with my tea and Pizzelles!
10 comments:
Gracie, thank you for remembering me on your blog. How nice it will be for all the extra prayers and good thoughts coming my way.
Feeling a bit better today but it is still a pain not being able to walk!
The visiting nurse comes tomorrow to change bandage. Then I will be able to take a shower with a bag on my foot~~~ and that's quite the challange.
Glenda
Oh how fantastic! I must forewarn you Gracie. I just searched and searched for a 5x5 frame. I bought one at Micael's. Brought it home and found out the opening was NOT 5x5 as stated. It was 4 1/2x 4 1/2. I ordered one from Walmart. It was the same thing, different brand!!!!!!!!!! I ordered the Mill Hill brand 6x6. HA! It has a 5 1/2x 5 1/2 opening!! Good grief! It works for me though. :)
Hi Gracie: Wow 89 at that time of days is amazing.
I love the beads on this design, the star fits perfectly in the red star.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
I went to Hobby Lobby bought a black frame with glass in it, it was the only 5X5 frame I could find, got rid of the glass it works perfectly.
Catherine
What a gorgeous piece. I'm eager to see it framed!
Gracie, this is going to be so beautiful. I look forward to see it framed. It is hot here too. I know what you mean about the high 80's in the morning and then it goes up, up, up! Look forward to seeing your beaded Santa too. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
That's hot Gracie.
Love your beaded stitching hope you can find your frame .
Mi piace molto il tuo ricamo con le perline... io non so se sarei capace a farlo.
Ottimo risultato.
Saluti dall'Italia
Gracie, I hope you find the perfect frame for this stitch, I just love the cowboy hat!!
A lovely finish. Hope you mange to find a suitable frame.
Healing wishes for your friend and mother x
Looks great with all the beads!
Post a Comment