Yes, there is a Glenn Fry song of that title...I am referring to the temps here in The Valley of the Sun, Arizona. We are in a heat advisory today. It was 109 yesterday and expected to be more of the same today and this week. then a cool down...to the low 100s! When I woke this morning around 5ish it was already 84.... so, the only trip out of the abode will be to check with the landscapers when they arrive; hopefully it will be early.
I attempted to bead the bumble bee bead … yesterday. Let me tell you, this is causing me anxiety. I usually can figure out a pattern but I am having difficulty making this look okay and work. So, it will be put aside again and I will bead something else. While sitting in my comfy chair and looking out to the garden...
several birds stopped by for a drink and to cool off...including the hummer. Watching him flutter in and out of the water was very distracting but so fun to watch.
The female Great-Tail Gackle made several appearances too. It was a busy day at the fountain. The Doves were also there and still no one returning to the nest. One of these cooler days I will take it down and clean it. there are a few thigs I have been lazy about and put off and now it is really too hot for me to be out there putzing around. Getting out there early is the key and lately I am not ready to do much early. I know, so not me!
Did I tell you? No I guess I did not. The Brother Alan and Lisa will be moving here (with me) permanently by the beginning of October. They will be sharing my home. The Brother is much younger than me and it will be good to have him here. So, yes, that is why I am getting the garage storage area and such ready for them. We have been getting the house ready for sometime now. Paint has been selected for their bedroom, other modifications are being thought out. So a new countdown will begin.
Glad you visited today. Thank you for your kind words and caring emails. Thank you for your friendship. These coming days are difficult for me and knowing that I have friends who care enough is such a good feeling. Special thanks to you.
I attempted to bead the bumble bee bead … yesterday. Let me tell you, this is causing me anxiety. I usually can figure out a pattern but I am having difficulty making this look okay and work. So, it will be put aside again and I will bead something else. While sitting in my comfy chair and looking out to the garden...
several birds stopped by for a drink and to cool off...including the hummer. Watching him flutter in and out of the water was very distracting but so fun to watch.
The female Great-Tail Gackle made several appearances too. It was a busy day at the fountain. The Doves were also there and still no one returning to the nest. One of these cooler days I will take it down and clean it. there are a few thigs I have been lazy about and put off and now it is really too hot for me to be out there putzing around. Getting out there early is the key and lately I am not ready to do much early. I know, so not me!
Did I tell you? No I guess I did not. The Brother Alan and Lisa will be moving here (with me) permanently by the beginning of October. They will be sharing my home. The Brother is much younger than me and it will be good to have him here. So, yes, that is why I am getting the garage storage area and such ready for them. We have been getting the house ready for sometime now. Paint has been selected for their bedroom, other modifications are being thought out. So a new countdown will begin.
Glad you visited today. Thank you for your kind words and caring emails. Thank you for your friendship. These coming days are difficult for me and knowing that I have friends who care enough is such a good feeling. Special thanks to you.
10 comments:
Your fountain looks lovely. Both of your bird photos are great!
Stay cool in that heat. Drink your water!!!\\
Sounds like the sprucing up is toward a worthy plan and how comforting to know you will be surrounded by care and love.
Those temps do sound like scorchers, but thankfully they will
be replaced by cooler air. Wise to put that beading aside and
find something that works with and for you... who needs frustration,
right? Have a blessed day .
Love the birds at the fountain. glad that your brother and Lisa are moving in with you. It will make live so much better for you too.
I am sure Denny likes the idea of you not being alone now that he is in heaven and watching down on you. I am sending you really big hugs. Stay in the shade.
It's lovely to sit and watch the birds isn't it, I can loose a lot of time doing that out of my window into the garden.
Moving to you by October, that's fabulous and not long to wait.
I think October is going to come really fast!! :)
Gracie: I am so excited they are moving in with you, just think they will no longer have to put up with cold and snow, yahoo plus the best part is they will be with one of the sweetest Lady's in the world.
I have had problems in the past with beading patterns, I usually try and enlarge the pattern to make sure I am not putting the thread in the wrong beads, sometimes this helps me.
I hope it warms up here 50 degrees when I took the dog out for a break at 05:00.
Hugs
Catherine
A new countdown for sure! It'll be nice to have company. Timeout for the beading! I'm sure the birds just love your fountain and less maintenance too compared with the pond. Stay cool, Gracie:)
Thank you for sharing the picture's of your view outside and the birds. I get so excited when I see them outside at the feeder. Having someone else at home will be nice. Hope they'll be a blessing for you...but the heat oh no thats another subject. You can keep the heat HAHA. Have a good week stitching
Lovely photos of the birds, they obviously enjoy your fountain.
So happy that the Brother Alan and Lisa are going to be joining you this Autumn. It will be wonderful for you all.
I hope you're doing okay with the heat. Good thing you have that fountain set up for the birds.
I'm glad Alan and Lisa will be moving in with you, you're always having so much fun together! October will be here before we know it.
Post a Comment