Monday night I had to secure myself in the bedroom...verticals closed tightly... why? There was a storm. Did I tell you that I hate nighttime storms? Did I tell you that I am afraid of lightening? Now you know. The wind began to really toss my chimes. Then I heard it...thunder in the distance. Then I heard it again this time closer. When it was just above the house I rattled.Then the rain started to get everything wet. Then it was over. Whew.... I really hate nighttime storms.
I am fully recovered. Yesterday I began to make a Russian Leaves earring....key word began. I changed my mind so many time...like 3.
First there were the blue and clear beads.... then blue with dark blue beads... and finally I chose bronze and copper. Of course this has not been stiffened yet. I will do that after the mate is made. I will surely get a better picture when they are both done. So, if you think I am doing nothing here.....For those who wonder about my not stitching. This year I just lost interest but found other ways to be creative. So far I have mailed away many patterns and linens. I have donated to a local school many patterns and threads and linen and aida cloth. I also donated fabric. I also donated my old sewing machine.When school starts back up in August I will have more for them. I most likely will cross stitch again and still have many patterns, threads and linen still in my stash for then. Thank you for saying you miss seeing that part of my creative juices. I hope you can like what I do now too, and still can enjoy my blog.
I caught a glimpse of the baby doves. I did not want to startle the parent by running back into the house for my camera so I will be sure to have it in hand tomorrow when I go into the garden. I was on my way out to get groceries. Do you shop with a list? I do. I also have the Safeway app on so I can remember to get the sale and free items. Just once I would like to go in and come out with only what is on the lists. While there I spotted Gladiolas...I love Gladiolas. Dennis bought specific vase for when we buy them...
A tall clear vase that will support the long stems. Just look at this color! Everywhere I was in the market someone admired them. Today is May 1st...May Day. Don't have a May Pole but I could organize the courtyard neighbors to circle one of the lamp posts. Anyway, I plan to finish the earrings today. All is ready for the May Origami Star....
Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the kind words.... and for the encouragement. I really think of all of you as friends. Thank you for your friendship.
By the way...… the count down has started. For what? Do you really need to ask! Alan and Lisa will be here May 21st!
I am fully recovered. Yesterday I began to make a Russian Leaves earring....key word began. I changed my mind so many time...like 3.
First there were the blue and clear beads.... then blue with dark blue beads... and finally I chose bronze and copper. Of course this has not been stiffened yet. I will do that after the mate is made. I will surely get a better picture when they are both done. So, if you think I am doing nothing here.....For those who wonder about my not stitching. This year I just lost interest but found other ways to be creative. So far I have mailed away many patterns and linens. I have donated to a local school many patterns and threads and linen and aida cloth. I also donated fabric. I also donated my old sewing machine.When school starts back up in August I will have more for them. I most likely will cross stitch again and still have many patterns, threads and linen still in my stash for then. Thank you for saying you miss seeing that part of my creative juices. I hope you can like what I do now too, and still can enjoy my blog.
I caught a glimpse of the baby doves. I did not want to startle the parent by running back into the house for my camera so I will be sure to have it in hand tomorrow when I go into the garden. I was on my way out to get groceries. Do you shop with a list? I do. I also have the Safeway app on so I can remember to get the sale and free items. Just once I would like to go in and come out with only what is on the lists. While there I spotted Gladiolas...I love Gladiolas. Dennis bought specific vase for when we buy them...
A tall clear vase that will support the long stems. Just look at this color! Everywhere I was in the market someone admired them. Today is May 1st...May Day. Don't have a May Pole but I could organize the courtyard neighbors to circle one of the lamp posts. Anyway, I plan to finish the earrings today. All is ready for the May Origami Star....
Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the kind words.... and for the encouragement. I really think of all of you as friends. Thank you for your friendship.
By the way...… the count down has started. For what? Do you really need to ask! Alan and Lisa will be here May 21st!
10 comments:
I had to smile when you said you still have lots of cross stitching stash in spite of your recent donations... me too! It seems like no matter how much I get rid of, I still have tons left. I have declared a moratorium on buying more this year (except for fabric/thread needed for projects I'm stitching). But my willpower is only so strong and you never know if it will break when I see a perfect pattern! haha
Hi! I completely understand your dislike of storms-we've had several tornado warnings in the last month and I told my family the first think I did was grab the container of Jim's ashes (he died three years ago) and take him into the closet with me!!!! I also lost interest in cross stitching after he died and am just now getting back into it, just couldn't concentrate enough to do it! Widowhood has many challenges! Sending love and understanding.
You reminded me of a gal in our office years ago who took a childhood
fear of lightening with her into adulthood, and when the lightening
storms hit, she literally sat under her desk until it passed, poor dear. She was truly traumatized. You only need a few things to satisfy
a needle urge, not the huge stashes we usually build over time. Bless
you for putting yours to good use among the young.
I love your gladiolas, so beautitful. I love a good lightning and thunder storm. I count the thunder to see how close it gets to us. Jasmine hates thunder storms and heads for under the couch when one comes. Like your earring. Nice colours. big hugs
Made me smile to think of you and your neighbours dancing around the lamppost, maybe a plan for next year when you can get some ribbon supplies organised LOL
I know a lady who puts an audio book on with earphones when there is a storm so she can close her eyes and listen to a story to block out the nastiness of the storm.
I bet the school were delighted with your gifted stash.
You are such a blessing to many Gracie.💗 I hope you have a wonderful day! It has been rainy for days and days. My hips are so achy.
I'm glad the Brother Alan will be here soon. I wouldn't have ever thought about a tall vase for gladiolas! Learned something from Mr. H, by way of you. Your earrings are going to be pretty. I do use a grocery list and I hate grocery shopping! My list starts at one end of the store to the other. I begin shopping at one end, grabbing everything that is listed. I shop at Frys, and I know where everything is at at my local store. So I'm in and out as quick as I can! Haha. Stitching or not, I'll still follow you. Hope today is a good one!
I love seeing birds from inside my house but am afraid of them if they are near me and they start to flutter their wings. I have been since I was a child. I think we all have something that scares us. So happy to hear that Brother Alan will be visiting soon. Love your earrings..so, so pretty. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
I enjoy reading about your creative endeavours, be it stitching, tatting, beading or something else :)
I really hope you did dance around the lamppost for May Day! That would be so much fun.
I will always come and visit your blog no matter what you show us. And whether it is you or the Brother Alan doing a guest spot!
Post a Comment