Thursday, May 30, 2019

In the garden....

The weather has shifted back into normal temps which are in the mid to high 90s. What this means  is that anything outdoors is done early. Which means that tomorrow I will be in the garden before 9am to fix the irrigation issue. I am determined to get this done as I will not be out there watering the garden by hand. The Rosemary definitely is being pulled out. It was damaged in the move and is not going to revive itself. Sad as it has been here for 10 years.  Not sure if I have to replace the other plants yet. Right now the water lines first. I will remember to wear my garden gloves as I tore up my finger a little. I will need to rake up the rocks and re-lay the lines to see why they are not working.
Already organized to make the June Origami Star. My "June bugs" are lady bugs. This project is fun to make each month. Glad I chose and prepared the fabric for the 12 months.... makes it nice and easy.
Sad to report... the Dove nest is  just a nest. The Doves have not returned today and have been on the eggs far too long. Tomorrow out comes the step ladder and I will remove the eggs and clean it up a little. I hate to do it, but there is no way they are going to hatch without a parent keeping them warm. Nature is what it is.
This is the Mill Kill kit I will be working on. It is a Southwest on perforated paper. Of course there are beads! I started this before Denny was  ill and then put it aside. Time to finish it. The beading? Oh not giving up just putting the bumble bee project aside until I can be satisfied with the directions. Did find another pod and a couple of flat pieces to do.
Having some blood pressure issues. Trying to stay relaxed and not worrying about getting anything done. I am lucky to have a cheer leader in BC, Canada.... Debbie! Anyway, we all have issues to deal with, health or otherwise. What is good is that we are lucky when we have someone who listens and gives gentle advice. Which brings me to the next conversation. One of our fellow bloggers recently posted how she had received a few negative comments from the same person on her blog. That is not what we are about. Each of us blogs for our own personal satisfaction. It is wonderful when we get feed back but it should be kind and not insulting. If you visit a blog that is of no interest that day, move on. If you enjoy it, be sure to say so. I visit all the blogs listed on my sidebar. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I do not. I always end my blog with:
Glad you stopped by. (because I truly am) Thank you for your kind words. (they mean so much) and Thank you for your friendship. ( I value each of you).
What is friendship all about?
Friendship. Friendship is a close association between two people marked by feelings of care, respect, admiration, concern, love, or like.

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I am so sad the Doves have not returned, if they know there is a dangerous animal around they do not return, or for many other reasons.
I love the lady bug material, so sweet, I am looking forward to seeing them constructed together.
I hope it was a good time with your sweet brother and sister in law, you are so lucky they come to visit.
It is starting to warm up here, finally.
So sorry to hear the Rosemary is not making it.
I made several of the needle cases, it really was rather easy, I used Czech polished beads instead of the Rondelles, they are great.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs
Catherine

Debbie said...

Glad to see you're making progress with the Mill Hill kit. Your fabric for the June Origami Star is very cute.

Sorry about the Doves.

You're right, we all have something going on. Better the reason to be a friend, always.

take care

butterfly said...

What a pity about the doves, it happens .
Sorry about the Rosemary plant.
We are all friends on our blogs and we don't want or need negative people popping into our space .
Have a lovely day Gracie hugs.

Vickie said...

What dopey doves! I am positive you are going to house more birds and critters soon! :) I like this new kit you are working on Gracie.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Like I always say"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." We are all friends here and don't need nay sayers.
Maybe the doves will return and be better parnets next time. Love the lady bugs.
Have a great day. big hugs

Julie said...

Please be careful up the ladder ..... scared me reading you were about to attempt that.
No one needs negativity on their blog, such a shame it has to happen to some.

Pittoresque said...

Did you sew that perforated paper to a frame to make stitching easier? I can't quite make it out, but if you did, what a great idea!