Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Empty nest~~~

A late start to my day yesterday...just did not want to get out of bed and start the day. Finally up and there was swishing in the laundry area and Swiffer and I took a walk around the place. The birdbaths were filled.....and my Plumeria was watered. It is one of the few plants not on the irrigation line.... hope to remedy that soon.
I am enjoying making these Pod Ornaments...
this is part one of three of a second design. I see more of these on my beading tray. This was part of a bead a long that I passed but decided to now make. Need to pick up more delicas for the next Pods. They measure about 2 inches long by 1 1/2 inches before embellishing.
The temps are once again like a "roller coaster" (weather gal's term not mine) going from the 80s to the 90s with a day of 101 coming soon. The weather back on the East Coast is nasty...but when The Brother Alan and Lisa arrive next Tuesday...that is correct...next Tuesday...one week... we will be back in the high 80s. Lisa will have her lounger out and relaxing while The Brother and I keep reminding her to drink water and take sun breaks!
When I went out to the garden yesterday morning the Dove Kids were gone from the nest.
They have not gone far...sitting in the garden. The one in the "back" is the younger and still fairly straggly. I thought about sweeping but did not want to displace them. Imagine, here I am concerned that they would get upset if I cleanned. Maybe tomorrrow. The parent watches from the wall but takes off immediately when I enter the garden area.
Today maybe I will get the 2nd piece of the Pod made. I am in no rush. I prefer to enjoy what I make and not rush through the projects.
It is always so nice to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and for yourfriendship. *********One Week*****

6 comments:

Alan said...

Can't wait till next Tuesday...............

Vicki said...

Another great color choice for your pod. It's hard for me to tell from the photo (and maybe I missed it if you said it before), about what size are these ornaments?

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love the doves. I like your beading. I just finished cleaning my fish tank. Looks good. Only a week, yah big hugs

Pittoresque said...

Love your pods - delicas are such versatile beads! THank you for talking about waterin your plants. I did some planting on the balcony this weekend and almost forgot about it!

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am liking the colors you chose for this beaded pod.
I love the one on your last post, beautiful.
We went to haver breakfast this morning on the way to shopping, there was a baby sparrow sitting on the parking lot, I picked it up and took it over to a tree, after breakfast it had flown away.
It seems he was not sure about his young wings just yet, I hope he is still flying.

Hugs
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The beading is looking great and I am glad the young doves are forcing you to rest and not work in the garden!