Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Growing romaine in the kitchen....

Growing Romaine.... okay, it is only two leaves sprouting. Remember the green onions? well I am still cutting and using them so I thought why not try this. Simply put into water and one of these days maybe a salad...okay, maybe just an add to a sandwich.   The onions have since been put into a pot of soil.
I really am trying to keep busy... much rather be stitching or beading...soon, very soon. Right now though I am trying to manipulate my fingers to type. Monday the stitches are leaving and I am sure I know I will have more mobility. Everyday my hand feels better. Still flexing fingers and making a fist is easier than the day before. Definitely not getting better at being left handed.
There may be a new couple moving into the garden.... this Dove has been hanging around each morning. It will be nice to have them back. Of course it takes two and so far there is only one. Today I will try to work in the garden just cleaning up a little and the birdbath needs cleaning and filling.  Diana and Bobby stopped by yesterday and we went for lunch. Good friends… I am very lucky.
 I have been reading to keep busy. Just cozy mysteries. I find after I read a good book it is difficult to find one that measures up. The Nightingale is hard to top for sure. Before I go out to the garden I need to swish some clothes ad Swiffer the bookcases.... I walked the Bissell yesterday. So nice to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

11 comments:

Vicki said...

I saw that there is a freeze warning tonight into tomorrow morning. I need to get out in the yard and cover plants. I have a beautiful tropical bird of paradise that is bursting with blooms and I don't want to lose it. Plus some other small plants. Of course the ugly hibiscus in one corner that I wish would die, thrives! I didn't know you could even have an ugly hibiscus until I got this one. It is definitely an odd plant. Take care... and stay warm these next few days!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I should try growing lettuce too. Hope your dove has a partner. Have a good day but don't over due stuff. hugs

butterfly said...

Very clever gracie , did you just put seed in a glass of water ,It would be a great way to get fresh salad in the winter.

Have a fun day hugs .

Heritage Hall said...

So glad to hear your fingers are slowly becoming
nimble and that your green thumb is in rare form.
Can't keep a good woman down.... Have a great day,
Gracie.

Julie said...

Your lettuce is doing well. Good to read you are improving with each passing day.

Vickie said...

Now that is the only romaine lettuce around I would eat! ;)
A very good book off the top of my head that I read a few months ago, is The Tattooist of Auschwitz. Many other bloggers also liked it a lot.

africanaussie said...

take care, and dont do too much. Make sure you keep it clean while working. I have tried that as well - have a whole row of spring onions. I never had much success with lettuce or celery though....

diamondc said...

Gracie: It is so good to hear your hand is getting better, I know as soon as you can you will have a smoking needle for stitching and beading.
I love doves, they are so peaceful to listen to when cooing.
We are having lots and lots of snow, I hope it has warmed up in your area I heard on the news it was chilly down in Arizona.

Catherine

Pittoresque said...

I hope the dove will stay, I always enjoyed reading about your feathery tenants :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It must be Spring if the young doves are looking for mates!
Glad to heat that the hand is healing slowly but surely.

Mary said...

Oh my, I just saw the photo of your hand!! Wow, did you bruise. I'm glad your on the mend, it must be so frustrating that it's going slowly. I hope your solo dove finds a mate.